By some band player - 10/03/2014 02:09 - United States - Highland Park

Today, I had a music duet in front of a crowd and 3 judges. I play tuba and my partner plays the saxophone. He burst out laughing in the middle of it because one note that I played sounded like a fart. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 292
You deserved it 4 615

Same thing different taste

Comments

Being a saxophonist, I can tell you myself that every saxophone player is that way. So don't feel bad.

No matter what is going on all emotions need to be out aside...sure hope they didn't dock you so much....

Nerves can do funny things to a performer, esp when on stage. Hopefully your partners laughter didn't tank your mark too much.

same thing happened in my office ..that's some kind of uncontrollable reflex..sorry OP

take this as an experience and good luck next time!;)

Your friend has gotta get it together. It's a tuba...every note sounds like a fart.

Happens to almost every musician at some point. If it didn't, moody would believe anyone could actually play an instrument.

It was probably nerves that made him lose it instead of just laughing internally. And to be fair, tubas can sound extremely flatulent even when you're in a perfectly mature state of mind. (Though so can trombones... Hey the woodwinds section tends not to have much to laugh at, cutting lips on reeds or hyperventilating flautists... Middle school band was tough)

Out of curiosity, what piece is there that would encourage a duet with sax and a tuba? It seems like an odd combo to me...