By Anonymous - 25/09/2014 19:32 - United States - College Station

Today, I have such severe ADD that I can't focus without my medication. When I take the medication, I can only focus on one thing, but not necessarily the thing I need to be focusing on. I have a chem test soon, and I've been vacuuming my room for the past 4 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 751
You deserved it 4 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

isabelf 17

At least your carpet will be clean...?

Good luck on the test! Remember that someone across the world is feeling bad for you xD And now you have a clean room!

Comments

I've been in that exact situation! Here's what works for me: Make a list of the things you have to do in chunks of 0,5 to 1 hours of work. Prioritize that list. Start at the top and aggressively scratch through each task when you finish it. Trust me, this works! Also, like many have said, remember that you are not alone!

ohishkabibble 21

You probably need to try a different dose, or a different medication altogether; I know it sucks experimenting to get the right medicine and dose, but it's worth it in the end! Also are you in cognitive behavioral therapy? Because that did WONDERS for helping me learn how to cope with my ADHD. I'd look for a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in ADD/ADHD, if I were you.

Wanna come vacuum my apartment as well? I can read you study cards! Lol hope your test went well!

I am with you I have adhd and let me tell you my dick ass teachers are no help

I feel bad. I hope you get through the struggle.

look like u was able to post on fml so guess u can focus on other things

witchet95 18

I READ THIS ON TUMBLR AND THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS TO MY ROOMATE

mwali02 32

Vacuuming and FMLing. Great... Hope you passed...

shilobaby 3

And yet somehow you can focus on fml!

I can totally relate! It sucks having to deal with ADD or ADHD. People that don't have it do not understand of how frustrating it is!! I hope you get it under control and find a better medication to help you! Maybe you should talk to your doctor about different meds. Good luck!