By starflares - 03/07/2014 19:49 - Denmark - Yaound

Today, I moved fifteen stacks of bricks from our store to a customer's van. After I made all that effort, he decided he didn't like the colour of the bricks after all, and demanded a full refund. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 079
You deserved it 3 580

starflares tells us more.

starflares 5

Thanks guys, I just sent him to the manager and he had to pay me +$30 to have the colors switched out, so not all that mad.

Top comments

Throw a brick in his face! + van window

It's better to be like, "A refund? No problem. Just be sure you have your receipt when YOU return the bricks. Oh, and please be sure they're in original packaging."

Comments

There should, at least, be a generous tip involved.

He should pay for your time and effort.

I'm pretty sure OP is already being compensated for his time and effort. By the company he works for.

myheartisinNE 3

That's too bad, he should have thought it through before making you go through all that trouble, still, he does have a right to change his mind.

And OP has the right to make the customer put them all back.

martin8337 35

Before anyone else asks pun intended.

He should have to pay extra for the unloading! Sorry OP!

Usually business' have a separate labor cost that is non-refundable if the work is already done. If the person knew the color and decided after the labor was done to want a refund, I'd look if you had labor costs separated.

kingdomgirl94 29

Lots of places don't have an additional labour cost, especially if it was more retail than contractor services. In retail situations its just considered customer service.

I would have made him put it back himself But maybe that's why I'm no longer in retail