By Username - 03/08/2011 03:33 - United States

Today, I quit smoking. It seems that when you don't smoke for almost 24 hours, your sense of smell comes back. I then noticed how disgusting my apartment smells. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 813
You deserved it 51 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Heather_x0x0 6

Ha! That smell is never gonna go away YDI for smokin

It's true. When I stopped smoking I started realizing how strong the smell is on my friends and the clothes in my closet. I began to feel bad for people that I sat next to or worked with because I'm positive they could smell me.

Comments

We're supposed to care, why? Didn't it occur to your pea brain that smoke leaves a lingering smell?

Mipz 2

You deserbe it for smoking. But you quit. And for that, I feel ba- no. No I don't.

please let that be all the incentive you need to clean up. Don't be a pig.

good for you! so may people cant even give up. Only a bit of time and effort you need to put in to clean it and even re-carpet it if it smells like smoke.

assuming you quit for good, you're one of the few percentage of people who actually quit and stayed clean, and even though your apartment now stinks, you can at least say you successfully quit smoking. it's a pretty damn tough habit to break for most people, and for that you should be proud of yourself. though I would try to get some new carpeting if I were you

it's not just your clothes. after you wash or dry clean everything in your closet, the smell will still linger. you will need to hire a professional cleaner to take care of any floor covering, and all your furniture. including your mattress. the dry clean your carpet/furniture cleaners are the best. and then there are the walls. the smell soaks into drywall too. you will need to repaint the walls, unless you can scrub them down. in extreme cases you have to sand down the drywall, then reseal it with a good primer, then repaint. but you will notice your lung capacity increase. you will have more energy and feel better. plus your house and car and clothes will not stink of stale smoke.

@#113 Agreed. Everything suggested here, plus get a canister of Clorox Wipes and use them. Open the windows for a few hours on a nice day. Air it all out.

It smells bad because you smoked. So buy some febreeze!

It's your fault for smoking in the first place, so uhm yeah. Don't complain or anything, you chose to do it. And personally i love the way a cig smells.

sexxme 9

Well now that you quit smoking, which I congratulate you on, your apartment won't smell like shit anymore. Also, you'll be a healthier human-being, keeping those around you who don't smoke, healthier as well. Good luck on quitting, I know how hard it is, it's so much easier after you bare the first couple months.