By emogurl - 22/07/2009 05:47 - United States

Today, I returned from a month-long stay in a psych ward for severe depression and suicide attempts. The first words my friends say to me when I call them and let them know I'm out? "Does this mean you're not gonna be so emo? 'cause that was really annoying." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 913
You deserved it 28 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You mean "ex-friends", right? Tell them it's their fault you were in there. Bastards.

I am so sorry and I hope that now you are ok and on the road back to recovery. It annoys the hell out of me that when anybody shows any kind of emoiton they are considered emo, it's as if showing any sign of sadness, depression or any other emotion like that is wrong, its not it is an emotion and if not shown it can lead to dangerous circumstances and situations The next person who say "OMG I was so emo I cried today" I am going to SCREAM !!!

Comments

Actually that's stupid, if you can't laugh at others how can you laugh at yourself? Not being able to laugh at yourself doesn't mean you can't laugh at others.

**** you up the ass, you insensitive jerk. Putting the knife down is probably one of the hardest things a person could do. So STFU until you try it for yourself.

You know depression isn't just feeling sad? It's not something you bring on yourself for being negative. It is an ILLNESS, something you can't help, that has nothing to do with your personality.

takemedown 0

Screw your friend, good job for getting help.

liketoknow 0

go kill yourself, that will show them!!!

good job telling people to kill themselves, if they are clinically depressed they might actually do it. so shut the **** up

here's a tip; think about what an immature **** you sound basically telling people that are suicidal to commit suicide. ooh and another; GO CRAWL UNDER A ROCK AND DIE, YOU RETARDED SHIT.

I am so sorry and I hope that now you are ok and on the road back to recovery. It annoys the hell out of me that when anybody shows any kind of emoiton they are considered emo, it's as if showing any sign of sadness, depression or any other emotion like that is wrong, its not it is an emotion and if not shown it can lead to dangerous circumstances and situations The next person who say "OMG I was so emo I cried today" I am going to SCREAM !!!

letitbe56 0

Well, it could be MDD, but it could also be bipolar II (severe depression, but not very severe mania) or borderline personality disorder.

Friends don't say shit like that about serious problems.

They probably didn't realize you actually had a real mental disorder. Some people do act "emo" and they're just doing it for attention so they just didn't know you were being legit.

I hope you are feeling better and you are following your doctor's instructions carefully. The meds they have out there these days are apparently wonderful, but it does take time to find the right one(s) and the right dose. Often they take weeks to be fully effective. Be patient and try to find good friends and family members to support. Normally, I am a snarky smart-ass, but depression is a disease that is too serious and too misunderstood to have laughs at your expense. Tell me when you are better and I will whip up a bizarre zinger just for you. But for now, hang in there and we all hope the best for you.

jasmine1259 2

plexico must really have no life if he's this well known on a site

987a654 0

haha being emo is gay just like you