By Ania - 15/10/2011 05:13 - United States

Today, I went shopping with my mom. I went into my department and tried on some clothes. After a few minutes, there is an announcement that a child has gone missing. Staff are searching the store. I see my mom and she hugs me in tears and yells, "I found her!" I'm almost 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 893
You deserved it 3 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

yeah and a 5 year old can definitely write an FML.

theonlysweetpea 10

Just because you care about your kids doesn't mean you have the right to lose your mind. I used to disappear all the time but only because I never realized I was just walking off. It would be nice if you told your mother where you were going though, OP. Abductions happen to 16 year olds as well.

xZsweeneyZx 0
Angelrose2004 17
Epikouros 31

OP = Outpatient, according to the Oxford Dictionary of Abbreviations. That's how we call be people whose FML has been approved. Even if it's the umpteenth FML about the same situation.

naughty_angel94 0

Moms worry it's what they do, did u tell her where u were going? Did u have a cell phone that she could have called. People are kidnapped all the time, at all ages. But that might be a little bit if an overreaction on her part.

Being almost 17 means your still 16, which means your still a minor, which means your a child.

#144 Well she still is a minor, but not because you're age is close to 16. You can say she's almost just 16, but you can say she's almost 18.

That must have been embarrassing, but be glad that you are so loved.

tesneemalgahim 0

LOL wow sorry!!! that sounds like something my friend's mom would do!

g_ayvel 11

This sounds like something my parents would do>.

Angelrose2004 17

Many parents have trouble seeing their "baby" as an adult. At 20 years old, I had a major surgery and stayed at my dad's for a couple days, because I couldn't go up and down my stairs. On my way home from the hospital, my dad sent me a text sayin, "don't worry, baby girl; Daddy be home in a lil bit to tuck his princess in." Your situation may have been embarrassing, but there may come a time when your mother is no longer on this earth. You might as well appreciate her love and care while you're both alive.