By smpenn89 - 16/07/2014 14:26 - United States - Canton

Today, I went to fill out my time sheet. Someone had edited it, and now it suddenly ends August 22nd. I think I'm getting fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 988
You deserved it 3 854

smpenn89 tells us more.

OP Here! As of last week, my time sheet( a simple excel sheet) listed all the dates through the end of the year. Now it does not. Yes, I understand that it is still over a month away, but since my current project is a procedure list of everything I do, how I do it, and passwords of everything, I am guessing they need me to finish this first. I am not confrontational, and understand I need to speak to my bosses, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I went looking on craigslist for job postings-found one Identical to the job I currently hold...and since I was hired through craigslist...yeah that about sums it up. Actively looking for a new job- if they cant be professional enough to fire me the right way, they don't deserve to have me anyway.

Top comments

Speak to your boss. There should definitely be an error.

why not apply for the same job through the ad, but this time ask for double pay because you're very experienced with this job :)

Comments

OP Here! As of last week, my time sheet( a simple excel sheet) listed all the dates through the end of the year. Now it does not. Yes, I understand that it is still over a month away, but since my current project is a procedure list of everything I do, how I do it, and passwords of everything, I am guessing they need me to finish this first. I am not confrontational, and understand I need to speak to my bosses, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I went looking on craigslist for job postings-found one Identical to the job I currently hold...and since I was hired through craigslist...yeah that about sums it up. Actively looking for a new job- if they cant be professional enough to fire me the right way, they don't deserve to have me anyway.

Damn, OP, that's shitty. Reminds me of some temp jobs I had where they would lie to my face for 6 months about bringing me on permanent and then dismiss me when the contract was up. It's really underhanded and cruel what some employers do to workers. Best of luck to you!

why not apply for the same job through the ad, but this time ask for double pay because you're very experienced with this job :)

Very shitty of them; hope you find a different job soon and then ditch this company. They need to learn to act more honorably....

Yes, I would also be looking for a new job. You deserve better!

Just quit, if they can't be honest with you. Don't do that project about your schedules and everything you do at the job. Let them sweat it.

Change up your resume and send it to the job posting.

I did :) I talked about all the reasons I was perfect for the job, and asked for almost double. Hoping this will force the issue out into the open

CommanderWoof 10

On the one hand, that would be fantastic... on the other hand, he will have tipped them off that he is thinking of leaving, possibly hastening his departure.

things like these in office scares the shit out...sorry OP.. hopefully its just a error

Quick! put in your two weeks and beat them to it! (after you find another job and make sure it's not an error first. I would like to think they'd actually notify if something was happening..)

Need follow up on this one. Sorry op hope you were wrong.

mom_of_5 10

...there IS a follow up....check a few comments up.

unwantedforlife 14

Yes there is a follow-up, but it doesn't explain if op is losing their job or not.

Helldemon 32

It kind of does. Her current project is basically letting them know all the things she does in her job and how she does them, as well as passwords for everything. She says they most likely need her to finish that project first before they can get someone to replace her.

Talk to your boss that should correct it...

GalaxyShots 21

You get fired a day after my birthday. Well...

Oh no. I hope you can get it sorted out before it comes to that.