By Anonymous - 20/10/2015 14:40 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, I went to the print shop to get some work printed. The guy serving me printed my entire order wrong because he pushed the wrong button, so it had to be done again. He tried to charge me a fine for the mistake he made because "it's not a viable business otherwise". FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 252
You deserved it 1 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mermaidkeels 26

It would be "viable business" if he would have done it right the first time.

I take it from the wording that you stood your ground against the concept of him making you pay for his mistakes... Good on you OP!

Comments

Their mistakes are a cost of doing business.

He doesn't realize that cost of his demand and its affect on his reputation as a "viable business" is going to cost a lot more than the lost revenue from a few misprinted copies. A smart business owner knows when it's worth it to lose money.. and hopefully learn from his mistake.

It sounds like he is an employee, not the owner. Still, his behavior is going to lose him customers, which I'm sure will cost him more than his original mistake. I do wonder if this is the first time he's done this, or if he did this on purpose to try to get more money.

Yeah and he got a fine too, any future business from you. Also I don't see how people think violence in this case is an answer just call him a twat for trying to charge you more for his screw up.

What was the issue? Either way it should have nothing for you to do with it...is mess up...fine is irrelevant take your business elsewhere

Don't let the moron get away with it. Make sure he doesn't add the cost secretly to your Bill

that's bullshiznit!! if he made a mistake HE should pay for it not you!!

Well viable businesses require viable workers.

Le_ponderer 14

That guy represents the true underbelly of businesses today: exploitation!

Check the bill in case he still added his mistake in the price. And such assholes are something you should report to their manager.