By KilteDKilleR - 15/10/2011 14:02 - United States

Today, I went to visit my grandpa. He has an easily excited dog, who barreled into my freshly broken knee. I felt my knee move out of place again. The dog chipped a tooth. We went to the vet first. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 705
You deserved it 3 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

What would you have said if the op lived in Finland or Iceland or even simply the UK?

I don't think it's his actual picture, but haha I must agree(:

Naomimi_fml 6

I agree, this could happen anywhere. Just the matter that dogs should always come first.

marpay 11

I like his molest-ash. It's sexy in a I want to attract fellow pedo bears way.

Awe its ohk to be second favorite.... No its not... Never mind...

HowAreYouToday 34

The caption for 1s picture was originally "kidnap? I prefer the term 'surprise adoption'"

ihatecake 0

So many replies... Thats not me its a pic i found, and i said only in america as a joke, if it were someplace else i would have said only in uk, germany, italy, etc.

welandedonthemoo 5

Nalia looks like Justin bieber lol

Damn_Hippster 11

Dogs are mans best friends but grandchildren are old people's best friend. OP you got screwed, although I would have probably done the same if it was my dog.

The_Troller 14

If OP tripped over someones xbox and they went to bestbuy first, then that would be a better "only in America"

Are we supposed to feel bad that your grandpa made sure his dog was ok? The vet was probably closer and your mad about it

79- Just because your so dumb, Im not going to punish a child to be raised by you. Therefore stay away. 66- Bieber, Bieber, Bieber. Still comin for you.

When I want the political opinion of an 18 year old know-nothing I'll beat it out of ya. 'Nuff said. PS Jk. If you were 50 or 30 or whatever I woulda used that age above. See what I did there?

LiyIa_fml 8

Ha! That sounds like my parents... :) i know how you feel OP!

- 15 He wouldn't have said anything because it wouldn't have happened in Finland or Iceland or the UK. Only in America :P

If the dog was sued, then it would be "only in America". Alas, as far as we know the dog was not sued.

91, why don't you get back to the colouring in books and leave FMyLife for the older people to use?

You got that backwards. If the dog had sued the OP for the chipped tooth, now that would be, "Only in America!" worthy.

ssoccerchick97 16

Often vets are way more expensive, at least if you compare similar treatments.

Unless you have insurance for your pet..........which they do have.

77- Please tell me how you know that OP's grandpa has insurance for his pet...

A broken knee vs a chipped tooth ... Human and or animal a Human would cost more. I know, I have had both procedures done on myself and my dog... Different occasions

depends on the country, animal, and vet. i live in canada, so getting my rats treated costs me way more than going to the hospital, which is free for me. in the us it depends on your vet and animal, because a common pet like a dog doesn't necessarily require a specialist.

99 I think 77 just meant pet insurance exists not that OP's grandfather had some.

I meant that it exists, not that OP's grandpa has it. Sorry for the mix up.

65- why do you have a picture of a guy if on your profile it says your a Miss?

JinxosGirl87 0

She's hot for a TV character :P

flockz 19

no no they're crooked. maybe even a little jagged.

I don't want to sound stupid or anything. But if my pet ever got hurt I would treat my pet first. I like my cat more than I like most people I know.

Same. I have 5 cats - 4 that live at home, and 1 that lives at my apartment with me. The one I have here turned 4 months yesterday, and he has been a very sick kitty, and has had to go to the vet a lot. I'm in college, and even though the vet was expensive, I still took him. No matter how bad the weather was, or what it would cost........and it was so worth it!

MaximilianMarche 0

78 You sound like ur crazy about ur pussy... cat

animals can't speak; people can. i always take my critters to the vet first. you never know how much pain they're in, or even what's wrong, because they can't say a word.

121, OP said that the dog's problem was a chipped tooth. I think that in this particular circumstance, OP's injury earned priority over the dog's tooth. I know humans can do ******-up shit, and I also realize that dogs are "man's best friend," but I don't think that we should put other animals on a pedestal above our own species. Color me crazy or insensitive if you like, but I believe that's how it should be. I mean, dogs are capable of pretty rotten shit, too... |the kid|

eatmyshortssss1 8

It doesnt matter if the dog wanted to play. OPs knee was hurt. I could care less about the dog at that point.

A similar thing happened to me back in Chernobyl. A mutant dog bit right through my second penis...

Really, That was you? Which part of chernobyl/prypiat?

Maybe he did want to play but a humans injury for a dislocated knee is probably more fatal than a dogs chipped tooth..

37 I think you mean "couldn't* care less" ;)

Jamicianprince 1

The awesome feeling when u know ur being loved by you're grandparents!

The terrible feeling when someone can't get their your and you ares correct

What did u just say? Sorry but I can't get it, I'm from Sweden and my English is kinda bad . But just try to say this " hej! Jag är en ord märkande liten slyna som gillar att ta den så långt upp i röven att jag inte kan gå på flera veckor , det är en av anledningarna till att jag sitter här och påpekar felstavningar på fml " then who's laughing bitch?

iloveeyouuxD 9

If he sued his grandpa he would be like one of those stupid people who spill hot coffee on their lap at Mcdonalds to make money. Obviously today it's not as easy but suing people over useless things wastes everyones time including the ones in the courtroom. Just sharing(:

SkardeyKat 3

I agree I hate it when people will sue over anything. They need to suck it up.

Looks like we know who's the favorite... Sorry OP, that sucks

Am I really the only one that thought maybe they took pooch to the vet to be put down for rebreaking OPs knee?

I hope so. The dog did nothing wrong here and he's not aggressive...