This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "Andrew Cable" - 10/04/2017 22:00

Today, my electricity got shut off with no warning. I immediately paid the company to turn everything back on. That was hours ago and there's still no power. The best part? I just went grocery shopping yesterday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 609
You deserved it 1 096

Top comments

If you paid them and they'll restore your service, you probably got warning. Several of them.

SpaceToast 25

When I had to pay to get my electricity back, I was instructed to turn off the breakers until maintenance physically came to my house to restore power. I would call them back just to make sure. Good luck OP.

Comments

If you paid them and they'll restore your service, you probably got warning. Several of them.

SpaceToast 25

When I had to pay to get my electricity back, I was instructed to turn off the breakers until maintenance physically came to my house to restore power. I would call them back just to make sure. Good luck OP.

OP, do you know anybody who has available fridge space (of any amount) for your food items? BoL!

Did you know for sure it was because you hadn't paid? Because if there was no warning I would assume the power outage was because of some technical failure.

Amazing how it is when you forget to pay but do fix the issue. Seems They are always quick to shut it off but slow to turn it back on. Hope it is already back on as we speak!

CassyM 6

Sounds like you need some coolers with ice in them. I hope by now everything is okay. You learned a hard lesson.

Been there done that. Except in my case the cut off the power to the wrong house. Took them nearly 48hrs to turn it back on.

Ah hell no...They'd be reimbursing me for all lost food items

"With no warning'. Yeah. Except for the stack of shut off notices in the trash can.

ironik69 31

I came strictly to see how many people would mention this. Hahahahaha.

chessu 21

As this seems to be connected to unpaid bills, I find it hard to believe there were no warnings whatsoever. But then, if you then paid them immediately - why wouldn't you just do it earlier? Do you not have direct debit set up? Do you only pay quarterly? Even if you really didn't see any bills, you must've been expecting them? Anyway, they might have not received your payment immediately or they might already have a ton of people's problems before they get to you. I mean it's definitely FYL, but also a little bit YDI..