By Anonymous - 06/08/2014 16:57 - United States - San Antonio

Today, my husband told his parents that he was quitting his job so that he could focus on school. They asked him what he was going to do for money. When I told them that I'd be the one working, they took one look at me and burst into laughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 437
You deserved it 4 322

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Work hard so you can laugh at them when you prove them wrong.

Never mind them, OP. As long as you work hard, you can prove them wrong. :)

Comments

dont listen to them!! I'm sure you'll do just as well as your husband did getting money for your family :)

cjwayy 22

Gotta prove 'em wrong! You can do it :)

Hey, let them know that they're welcome to contribute toward your bills if they don't think you can hack it...then become insanely successful and forget to pay them back. :P

All that aside, why should the bread winning be solely on your shoulders? I am a single parent working full time AND going to school. I have been in school for two years and graduate this year. Unless he is going to medical or law school, there is no reason why he can't at least work part time. Oh...and your in laws kinda suck. Sorry OP.

My father is a single father. He ended up quitting work so he could attend school. I had to tutor him in some of his courses. My school has a 3 strike policy, 3 fails and you must take a remedial course. None of his teachers were worth a CRAP at teaching him anything and I ended up being his main teacher at home as well as going to school myself and working to help us stay afloat. Even with all that, he was the one that didn't have time, with his studies, to work at the same time. It depends on the curriculum as to how much workload the school gives to the students.

Or engineering, or aviation, or any other number of difficult degrees which require excellent grades and real comprehension to succeed in. Good for you managing all that, but just because you can do it doesn't mean other people have the same experience as you. I had a good 8-9 hours of very difficult homework every night while I was in school, I managed to work at the same time, but I never slept and my grades and my health seriously suffered. If he doesn't HAVE to work at the same time then why not focus on something as important as furthering his education?

you're a great wife OP! he's very lucky!

Ignore them. You are giving their son an opportunity to further his education. You do not need their approval. They will not be apart of your daily lives and they are it perfect