By drbckflps - 18/12/2014 00:48 - Australia - Mount Gravatt

Today, my mother-in-law asked for a copy of my son's death certificate so she could have her week-long island beach holiday classed as bereavement leave. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 920
You deserved it 2 976

drbckflps tells us more.

I haven't read all the comments yet but thank you for your condolences. This is indeed the grandmother of my son and no, she didn't take the holiday as a way of grieving - it was purely opportunistic. She wasn't even polite to us at the funeral: her words to me were, "In six months when I get back you'll have forgotten this whole thing ever happened." Very disappointing. Thank you all again. I'll reply again when I get a chance to read some more comments.

Top comments

That's horrible:( I'm sorry for your loss!

Everyone can grieve differently, but that just seems a bit heartless and opportunistic. I'm sorry for your loss OP, I can't imagine how that feels.

Comments

More like monster in law geez... I'm sorry for you loss OP.

"... and that, officer, is why I set her on fire"

rocker_chick23 27

I am sorry for your loss, OP. I hope you told your monster in law to kiss your ass and kicked her out of your lives for good.

Mf2307 15

that is really mean sorry for your loss

elmateo_fml 9

My God that's the most insensitive thing I've heard, excommunicate her or something she doesn't deserve a family

Did you punch her in the face? That is horrible.

That bitch can go live in a dumpster. You don't use a death of any type as a reason to take a vacation like that. They give you that time so you can try to cope with the loss. I'm extremely sorry for your lose, and I hope your mother-in-law goes to hell.