By sakurabunny - 16/05/2011 14:53

Today, our cable, internet, and home phone got shut off because my mother-in-law decided that since we are moving, it was easier to not pay the bill rather than close the account. We're not moving for another month and the account was under my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 091
You deserved it 6 681

sakurabunny tells us more.

sakurabunny 0

For the record: I gave her money to pay the bill since she works right next door to the company and i never got the notice's since she's the one who always gets the mail since my husband and I work full time and go to school full time. and before anyone asks what she did with the money, she used it to help pay the deposit on the condo she just moved into...AGAIN FML!!

Top comments

If it was under your name then why weren't you paying the bills?

that's why you shouldn't live with your mother in law.

Comments

atomicbaboon 0

shoppin for a new car which one's me? a new convertible, or an SUV. too bad I didn't know my credit was whack, so now I'm Rollin off the lot with a used subcompact. F-R-E-E that spells free credit report dot com baby.

justin47662 0
madeingeorgia 0

be responsible, pay your own bills!

iamtwiggyme 0

Sigh... The OP only asked her mother-in-law to drop off the payment because she lives closer to the cable company. Her mother-in-law used the money for a deposit on her new condo. OP does not live with her in laws or rely on them to take care of her bills. I agree that the FML was confusing but she clarified it in an earlier comment.

iamtwiggyme 0

But I also think she deserved it for not making sure it got paid... She could've checked on the Internet to make sure.

iamtwiggyme 0

Oops I was wrong... she does live with her mother-in-law...

ydi for not making sure it got paid. I realize times are hard, so I'll save you the lecture about how you should pay for it yourself, none of us know the entire situation. However, you should be making sure that the bills in your name are being paid. So, call the company, explain to them what happened and then pay it off. You'll be fine as long as you get it paid for as soon as you can, but you need to call.

I agree with 68 and 54 just ring them back and turn it back on.....

derk92 0

iam 100% sure that if it's under your name no one can tell them to turn it off

ydnar 5

I wish people would read the original FML story and at least skim over the comments before they post. NOBODY CALLED AND CLOSED THE ACCOUNT!!!!! JEEEEEES

I guess a lot of people who commented have never heard of a parent using their child to pay bills. My family have met lots of people who did that, my mother knew another mother who used her 2/3yr to pay a bill. Kids can have the socials stolen and a person will buy stuff and ruin the childs credit.