By sakurabunny - 16/05/2011 14:53

Today, our cable, internet, and home phone got shut off because my mother-in-law decided that since we are moving, it was easier to not pay the bill rather than close the account. We're not moving for another month and the account was under my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 091
You deserved it 6 681

sakurabunny tells us more.

sakurabunny 0

For the record: I gave her money to pay the bill since she works right next door to the company and i never got the notice's since she's the one who always gets the mail since my husband and I work full time and go to school full time. and before anyone asks what she did with the money, she used it to help pay the deposit on the condo she just moved into...AGAIN FML!!

Top comments

If it was under your name then why weren't you paying the bills?

that's why you shouldn't live with your mother in law.

Comments

free2speak 14

wait... I'm confused. why is your mother-in-law paying your bills? Or more importantly, if you're old enough to marry, you should know how to handle your own finances. YDI because I honestly can't think orbs situation where you would need your mother in law to be responsible for things that are you and your spouses' responsibility.

This comment is an example of how idiotic it is to post comments without reading previous comments. The OP already commented to explain things. It was the OP paying for the bill, the mother-in-law was just supposed to drop off the payment because she lived right next to the company. Mother-in-law instead used to money to put a deposit on the condo she just moved into.

your name = your responsibility. YDI

why is mommy-in-law taking care of your bills for you? grow up.

OP already replied, she's not. He just asked her to deliver the payment.

If it's under your name why aren't you the one making the payments?

exactly why I'd NEVER live with in laws!

Fr3nChii 0

mann sum mother in lawz r a pain

maybe you should learn to pay your own bills. YDI

ydi. If the bill is in your name, you are responsible for paying it. What does your mother in law have to do with it not being paid?

1) If the bill is in your name then YOU make the payment , then you never have to worry about this again. 2) Call the cable company and tell them that you have accidentally overlooked your bill and would like to get it caught up. If you do it quickly, it will clear your credit and the damage to your credit rating will be minimal. 3) If you don't pay the bill it will show up on your credit bureau - good luck paying the huge deposits most companies require once they see that on a credit check. 4) Now that you know your mother in law is an idiot, stop letting her put her bills in your name.