By WittyMoron - 01/07/2015 18:10 - United Kingdom

Today, our family dog died. A couple of hours after the death, my mother-in-law slapped my crying five year old son over the head and told him to "Man up." She totally refuses to admit she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 873
You deserved it 2 191

WittyMoron tells us more.

I told my wife that was completely unacceptable, and as some people said, I took the high road in not slapping her back. I began an argument with my wife about it, and it got a bit intense. I told her that her mother could not come back, and she got quite angry. I went into the living room and began to cry. This is what gets me. What she did taught him the wrong thing. My son came in, said "Man up, daddy!" and tried to slap me, but he's little so it didn't hurt. But anyway, I got even more furious that he had learnt something from it. The argument ensued. Things are a bit cold. Sleeping on the sofa now but I told my son it's okay to be upset. Buried the dog, and needless to say my MIL is not invited back for a little while.

Top comments

Comments

Wow! What a bitch! Don't let her treat your son like that. When my cat, Buddy Lynn, had to be put down, i was so upset i cried for a month strait. I was twenty one and i had her since i was six. She had to be put to sleep on a monday, so i ended up missing my math class. When i came back to class on wednesday my professor kept making jokes about people who use their dead cat as an excuse to miss school and laughed about people who cry over a cat. I ended up running out of class crying. My classmates went off on him and he got fired for harassment and bullying. (He was known to bully other students too.) i let what he said get to me, and it made my pain that much harder to deal with. I was afraid to talk about it because i was scared that everyone else felt the same way. It ended up making me take even longer to get over it because i kept everything in. Don't let someone treat your kid like that, no matter who they are. Losing his pet is hard enough. He doesn't need emotional abuse to go with it.

If anyone ever slapped my kid or tried to discipline them like that I would go batshit on them

She would have gotten her ass handed to her if she was my MIL. Nobody touches my babies!

Astrobomb 21

That bitch would have been dead.

Woulda slapped that bitch in the face!

She's breaking the loving caring grandma stereotype.

Forbid her from EVER seeing ur kids ever again

I would've lost my shit. Unless there is an absolute understanding and/or agreement, no one is to EVER lay their hands on my child.