By WittyMoron - 01/07/2015 18:10 - United Kingdom

Today, our family dog died. A couple of hours after the death, my mother-in-law slapped my crying five year old son over the head and told him to "Man up." She totally refuses to admit she did anything wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 873
You deserved it 2 191

WittyMoron tells us more.

I told my wife that was completely unacceptable, and as some people said, I took the high road in not slapping her back. I began an argument with my wife about it, and it got a bit intense. I told her that her mother could not come back, and she got quite angry. I went into the living room and began to cry. This is what gets me. What she did taught him the wrong thing. My son came in, said "Man up, daddy!" and tried to slap me, but he's little so it didn't hurt. But anyway, I got even more furious that he had learnt something from it. The argument ensued. Things are a bit cold. Sleeping on the sofa now but I told my son it's okay to be upset. Buried the dog, and needless to say my MIL is not invited back for a little while.

Top comments

Comments

MonstreBelle 29

While I don't have kids of my own, I do have custody of my little sister. I can honestly say that if a family member touched her in a violent manner like that, it would be a long time before they saw her again. Perhaps the police can explain to your ****-in-law that what she did is wrong. A jail cell might do her some good. Good for you for taking the high road by not slapping her back. You're a better person than I am. I probably wouldn't have been able to restrain myself. Make sure your son knows that it's okay to show his emotions and that it doesn't mean he needs to "man up."

u should slap that bitch she has no right to lay a hand on ur child

britbrat237 14

No one should slap your son only the mom and dad can.

slap that bitch in the face then see if she thinks thats wrong . how dare she layahand on your child , that old cow should keep her hands to herself.

please never leave your child alone with her ever again .if shes slapped him over crying , god knows what esle she could of done . And there is no excuse for adbusing a child.if my partner's mother did that she would never see my son again.

I pressed ydi by mistake. I presume that also happened to roughly 1000 other people, at least that's the only explanation I have

Smack her around the back of the head and tell her to stop being such a bitch.

dantedevil 12

punch that ******* **** in the face.