By Caligirl1996 - 09/06/2015 06:10 - United States - Long Beach

Today, the guy I made cookies for, spent hours getting ready for, and drove 3 hours in traffic to see never actually wanted me to come. When I knocked on his door, he opened it, but immediately closed it in my face. He then texted me saying, "I met someone else." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 438
You deserved it 3 148

Caligirl1996 tells us more.

OP here. Yes, there is more to the situation that I could not explain with so few characters. Him and I go to college together, and we have been dating for close to three months. I left for summer, but he stayed on campus because he is taking a summer course; therefore, we talked about me coming to his dorm, on our campus, for a visit because we missed each other. I do admit that I should have recognized that he was not mature enough to maintain a long distance relationship but we all make mistakes right?

Top comments

Honestly, I'm sorry you had to drive all the way there but **** him. He didn't even had the balls to tell you directly. Find someone who treats you better OP.

Comments

Maybe he was put off by how desperate you sound.

It is really great to see that you took the time to comment on my post negatively. I think you are the desperate one searching for others to argue with, because the majority of the other comments are uplifting. I guess I'm just not as mature as I'd like to be because I am giving in to your wishes, but you are plain mean. Please refrain from commenting on others posts on this website...nobody needs or wants to see your pessimistic viewpoint. -OP

I'm sorry he treated you that way. A man should never treat a woman with such disrespect

CharlesEmersonW 31

This to shall pass, don't worry, just hang in there and remind yourself that not all guys are such dicks. . .

The Jackass. Hope you have better luck in the future OP.

Wow some of you commenters must have gone through some horrific situations in order to assume that I am a stalker. I am just a girl who still believes in putting in an effort to a relationship, but i guess i am just a little too hopeful.

Sadly I have known girls who'd overstep boundaries, thinking a guy they hardly know is their future husband (often having been hurt by crappy parents or exs). Your post could've been saying you drove 3 hours to a random place to see a random guy with no notice! So don't take the comments personally.

you need a real man who would appreciate that. boys don't get it these days, he's a damn fool

Its too bad what happened OP. Its nice to see people willing to dedicate so much effort in a relationship!

rareawesomeness 22

He honestly probably already had a girlfriend. And was just testing the waters like an asshole and leading you on. It's not you, Op. :) At least you won't waste any more of your time on him.

This is horrible but ngl girls do this a lot more than guys do.