By halfie - 26/09/2015 05:06 - United States - Pigeon Forge

Today, while on my first ever date, I ordered a really hot curry, hoping to impress my date. "Yeah," I said smoothly, "not everyone can handle spicy food." When I took a bite, my eyes watered, my mouth burned, and I had to plead for water in between moaning like a dying baboon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 517
You deserved it 33 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I didn't know being able to eat spicy food was something that can be considered impresive.

MonkeeArtz 11

YDI. Don't bite off more than you can chew just to impress someone.

Comments

"Hoping to impress my date" *instant you deserved it*

neuronerd 28

An ex of mine did that on our first date. I warned him that the curry at this particular Thai restaurant was very hot, but he thought he'd impress me with eating it. I should have used that as a warning sign, because by the end of the relationship I'd tell myself "drink until he's tolerable" (unfortunately, he blinded me with science. I wanted to go out with someone also studying neuroscience). Anyway, I hope that's the only thing you have in common with him, otherwise you may need a personality overhaul.

No shit OP was a guy, they have their gender displayed at the top of the post!

Impress to fail my friend. The best impressions are honest ones out of your own character.

If you're posting a fml I'm guessing you read them as well. You haven't learned that trying to impress always seems to backfire?

When you eat spicy food at first you feel like a dragon with fire breath then when it comes out the other end you feel like a rocket at liftoff

kylerzz 15

lying to impress someone is not a good way to build a relationship of any kind

To quote Sean and Gus from Psych "I can't see out of my left eye" "I see dead people" "Even the waters spicy"

I've never understood why some guys think overdoing something is impressive. Oh you ordered the hottest curry? You can drink seven beers in an hour? You can drink twelve monsters a day "without feeling it"? Please take my pants off immediately. Not.

1st Rule of Dating: don't be fake in order to try and impress them. Even if it does work and you pull it off you'll either have to admit you're a liar or go through the whole relationship pretending to be someone you're not.