By smiley1014 - 18/11/2013 09:14 - United States

Today, while swimming in the ocean, I felt some sand under my wedding ring. I took it off for a second, and got hit by a huge wave. My ring is now lost somewhere in the ocean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 654
You deserved it 43 317

smiley1014 tells us more.

smiley1014 23

I guess I didn't put on the FML that I am a male. My wife told me that she wants me to wear my ring (except during work, which is Aviation and we're not allowed). I told her I wasn't comfortable wearing it in the ocean, and she said I had to anyway. After losing my ring, my wife bought snorkel equipment and I spent an hour diving for it until the sun set. My wife and I have been married for 5 years, and we both got a laugh out of it, and we purchased another ring the next day in a Hawaiian market that now has a story and more meaning than the first ring.

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Where did taking your ring off in the ocean sound like a good idea?

Why does your wife get to decide what you should do if you don't feel comfortable with it? I'm glad everything worked out though.

Comments

yeah, i know man, i lost my sunglasses in the ocean so were pretty much in the same boat.

You're still an idiot not for loosing the ring but for taking it off in the first place. Even if there was sand underneath the ring you can still rinse it without taking it off. If you get sand in your ass do you take off your pants to rinse it while you're still in the water? Chances are you were gonna get sand in your ring again! Haha I'm just bullshitting.

Why would you get in the water with your ring on in the first place.

The same thing happened with my glasses. Just keep checking lost-and-found services, or asking people. I fount my glasses that way.

skyttlz 32

I thought the word Spouse can go either way?

zeep92 18

I have never thought that the word spouse has either female or male connotations... Maybe that's just me and #181?

Rule #1: NEVER turn your back on the ocean.

OP, you should check out SafeRingz.com silicone wedding rings that are non-conductive and will break if caught, ask your supervisor if you can wear one of them while on shift. Note: fml mods, i have no affiliation with that company and this is not an ad. i have purchased them for family, and plan on getting one if i get married, just being helpful.

How about you get out of the ocean then take off your ring? YDI for sure.