By Anonymous - 07/06/2012 17:42 - United States - Seattle

Today, while waiting for a bus, someone started smoking at the bus shelter, which is illegal in my city. I politely asked him to stop smoking, citing the city ordinance. He just cackled and said that if I'm so concerned about the state of my health, I should start by losing 90 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 630
You deserved it 39 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While heart disease does kill more people than lung cancer, that guy was a prick.

Comments

marcus903 17

Who in the world agreed that he deserves this? I really hate walking to the store seeing someone break the law. This has the words 'mind your own business' on it. Whenever you remind someone about the law, they snap on you because they think they're special. OP, here is my advice: Because of this wierd predicament, it is going to be difficult to remind someone of the law. Though I agree that you shouldn't act like a police officer and remind everyone of the laws, just don't worry about other people as you could get beaten up for doing so.

egc573 40

I think you forgot to hit the reply button there...

Ydi for being a buzz kill and like someone else said you shoulda minded your own business and he kinda has a point if youre that over weight

People always use smoking as a scapegoat. They never look at obesity, air toxins, and pesticides! So silly

I have a lot of health issues. They were caused by bad genes and my father's exposure to the dioxin contained in agent orange while he served. His health problems are related to that as well. Go figure. Government is all high and mighty about smoking but won't admit to what they did to our service people then or now. And yes, it is still being used in many ways today and most people don't know it or the risks involved. While smoking and long term exposure to second hand smoke can cause health issues, it's not the only thing. We are never going to be truly safe from health risks as long as corporations run our government.

Exactly ! My grandmother got a lung infection from the air quality in her city , every lake in my town is so polluted that you get rashes after getting out of them. Smoking is not the biggest cause of people dying.

While the smoker should have stepped away from everyone else at the bus stop, he did make a point. In my opinion he was in the wrong for lighting up but you should have not thrown a stone out there with out expecting it to return.

perdix 29

When you point a finger, you've got three fingers pointing back at you. Or, in your case, three stubby sausages;)

aerro1 0

Why are people who are being supportive of the OP getting negative thumbs?

Because there a bunch of weirdos if bud wants to smoke let him smoke , it's a free country , you deserved it