Ugly truth

By uglywoman - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, my six year-old told me I have a big nose. When I told her that she hurt my feelings, she laughed and said, "Don't be silly mummy, ugly people don't have feelings." FML
I agree, your life sucks 129 949
You deserved it 17 680

Top comments

Comments

_MissMiriam_ 3

Waw, that's bad parenting skills for you. You need to teach your kid some respect (without hitting offcourse).

emotive_fml 0

Don't stand for that crap from your kid. Before long you might end up getting calls from the school about how disrespectful your child is to others. Then they might question your parenting skills. You don't what that. At age seven I called my grandma a wench and my dad hit me with a belt. Needless to say, I have never called someone a wench since then and I am 21-years-old now. If he would have done anything different that day I might have went on doing it anyway. To everyone who thinks hitting your kid is child abuse: There is a big difference in discipline and beating your child. A good smack when they have done something wrong is ok depending on the offense. Beating the **** out of your child for walking in the room at the wrong time or because you had a bad day... Now that is child abuse.

You deserve it for raising such a disgustingly rude child. YOU are the only possible source from which she could have learned something like that. YOU are the only possible reason she could A) think ugly people don't have feelings and B) think it's okay to call people ugly. Time for you to reconsider how you act around your kid, and what you're teaching her by example.

No, she is NOT the ONLY source. Children learn behaviors from everyone they encounter, and they don't know how to think before they speak or act. That girl could have learned it from anyone. She could have evn learned it from a program. You have no right to place all of the blame on the parent. Yes, parents have to be careful around their children and keep an eye on what the child is exposed to, but there are other factors they can't really control. And on top of that, children say everything that pops into their minds. That child may not have even meant that so much as she just blurted out what came to her mind. I think things I don't intend to in an instant sometimes, but being an adult i've now learned not to say them. Kids don't know how to do that. Stop looking for reasons to be an asshole and try using your head.

that's your fault you didn't teach your daughter manners

doglady 16

this is why I have dogs, they're never that rude

patriits1224 0
Namaste_fml 2

Well, honestly, it's your kid. They're six. You're responsible for teaching them manners, so the real FML moment here is that apparently you haven't exactly taught them well.

Next time she does that, tell her she was adopted because her real mommy didn't love her, or that Santa or Jesus isn't real. Also, what #257 said.

V1TAM1N_MAN413 0

she/he deserves a spanking! thats the way i was brought up! if my child ever sais that he/she can expect the belt!