Anhedonia

By dead inside - 16/09/2024 13:00 - United States

Today, my depression has reached the point where I don't even have the energy to seriously pursue any hobbies. Any time I find the motivation to try something new, I immediately get discouraged at the slightest difficulties, and become even more depressed. I don't even know why I'm trying anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 350
You deserved it 101

Same thing different taste

Comments

Have you tried telling yourself "Good job" every time you accomplish something? Your therapist might have more ideas. Anyway, here's a "Good job" in advance for the next time you accomplish something, however small it may be.

Acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step to helping yourself get better 🙂 please get yourself a therapist to help you with your struggles.

I have the same issue. I discovered Loom knitting. You literally can't **** it up as long as you make sure the wool is on all the pegs so you don't drop any stitches. First time it's a bit messy because learning but it takes maybe 3 goes to figure out the tensioning and a couple of YouTube vids to figure out casting on and off. After that it's almost impossible to **** up. Yes, you are limited to 6" to 2ft wide scarfs or tubes but you can stitch them together to make blankets. At the moment I'm using 24 12oz Balls of dark and light grey wool to make identical 10" squares that I'm going to turn into a chequered blanket for the lounge chair. There's tonnes of videos on YouTube, no stitch counting, nothing complicated once you get the hang of casting off and there's absolutely loads of different shaped looms for pennies on places like Temu. The only thing I'll say is pay more attention to the videos that are using a pen or straw to wrap the wool around the pegs, it makes it vastly easier and you don't have to even think about the tension. I took a biro apart and use that. It's fab. Highly recommend for anyone needing/wanting a creative outlet but who gets discouraged if they can't get it right by the 3rd attempt. Keeps me quiet, distracted and pleased with myself for hours at a time, plus you can watch TV at the same time. Everyone got 6ft long scarfs in their favourite colours for Xmas last year, made me and them happy. Seriously, give it a go, you can't **** it up.