Anyway, here's Wonderwall…

By playinmyguitar - 15/08/2009 15:02 - United States

Today, I invited everyone to a gig I'm playing at a bar. They closed it down just for me when I told them how many people were attending, and I spent all day setting it up. Turns out nobody showed up besides my mom, my dad, and 2 of my cousins. I still had to play 7 songs in front of them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 103
You deserved it 7 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RESTAREA 0

Hey, a gig is a gig. You should be grateful that they support you, because I know a hell of a lot of parents who don't support their kids who try and get into music. Also, I believe there's a moral in there about not counting your chickens before they hatch. Were you sure to get confirmation for the people you invited?

I think this is a 50/50 split of FYL and YDI. You said you invited X amount of people... you never said that all (or any) said they'd come. I can invite whoever I want all day long, but that doesn't mean they'll show. Better luck next gig!

Comments

Facebook RSVP means nothing, as you now know.

shaquanda 0

bars don't typically shut down for gigs since events are meant to bring more people in which = more money for them. sorry, there's no way this is real. and if it is, the owners of this bar are terrible business people.

shaquanda 0

also, most legit bands sell tickets in advance. that way you at least have the money, even if nobody shows up.

aw, that sucks. i hope you had a good gig anyway and don't worry about it. same thing happened to me with a party a few years ago, and it's kind of embarrassing at the moment, but you'll move on and have more people at your shows soon :) ps - 65 - rsvps don't guarantee ANYTHING.

same thing happened to me today (played infront of 3... barmaids)

Pretty sure this is BS b/c they wouldn't shut the place down unless they were selling advanced tickets, otherwise they'd keep it open so they could actually make money and not just rely on your "friends". Plus, isn't the point of doing a gig getting more exposure?

If you're one of those wannabe "artists", then YDI. But if you're for real, then FYL.

are you retarded? a "wannabe artist"? either you're an artist or not. what's wrong with someone following their dreams? everyone starts from the bottom, and I know that plenty of well known artists out there have done gigs and stuff, without being famous. what you said makes absolutely no sense. sorry.

Wow, what a bunch of lame friends you've got.

I was going to say that it sucks being in that situation, because I was in that situation before, but no club is going to turn away paying customers because you say you have a lot of people coming.