Anyway, here's Wonderwall…

By playinmyguitar - 15/08/2009 15:02 - United States

Today, I invited everyone to a gig I'm playing at a bar. They closed it down just for me when I told them how many people were attending, and I spent all day setting it up. Turns out nobody showed up besides my mom, my dad, and 2 of my cousins. I still had to play 7 songs in front of them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 103
You deserved it 7 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RESTAREA 0

Hey, a gig is a gig. You should be grateful that they support you, because I know a hell of a lot of parents who don't support their kids who try and get into music. Also, I believe there's a moral in there about not counting your chickens before they hatch. Were you sure to get confirmation for the people you invited?

I think this is a 50/50 split of FYL and YDI. You said you invited X amount of people... you never said that all (or any) said they'd come. I can invite whoever I want all day long, but that doesn't mean they'll show. Better luck next gig!

Comments

Jmido 0

Next time, require that they reserve in advance, or plan for the worst.

cornbutter 0

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SORTA FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA THANK MY MOM,FOR HAVING ME,AND MY KEYBOARD,WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!

#23, shut the hell up. you're not first.

You're not even "Sorta first" you just hit the reply button.

KiSsKiZzy 0

haha thats probably karma ydi

You really assumed everyone that said they would show up actually would? They were just being polite, ydi

#2 your username describes you perfectly. Generally in normal human culture, when someone invites you to a concert, movies, etc. and you say "yes" is for accepting the invitation and therefore you need to go to the concert because you accepted to go, not just for being polite as there are polite ways to decline an invitation. Where are you from? Degobah? Dantooine?

The situations you mentioned were all personally going with the person, what this was talking about and what I was talking about were the "in general yeah sure I'll go to your party". Seriously, look at how many people say they'll show up on facebook to an event, and compare that to the number that actually do. I promise you, its nowhere near the same, and that is completely different than saying "ok I'll meet you specifically at the movie theater at 6:00". See the difference?

#49 I thought excatly the same thing ! :p

RESTAREA 0

Hey, a gig is a gig. You should be grateful that they support you, because I know a hell of a lot of parents who don't support their kids who try and get into music. Also, I believe there's a moral in there about not counting your chickens before they hatch. Were you sure to get confirmation for the people you invited?

man, i feel bad for you but this is hilarious

EvaXRose 0

Hahaha Your life sucks, eh? or maybe just band? Sorry kid.

ouch, FYL. at least you got it in the first place though! who else were expecting to show up though, ahaha

amsedel 1

i know exactly how you feel. :'(

Essentials 0

Go get new friends. yours have no respect for you. then again, maybe you aren't respectable?