I'm outta here

By Anonymous - 22/03/2013 06:13 - United States

Today, I finally built up the courage to quit my job. I waited an hour to speak to the boss; I finally sat down with her, and she told me I had to be let go because I'm not "reliable enough." The only time I missed work was when I had the stomach flu. I was fired before I could even quit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 019
You deserved it 3 482

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well if you were fired then collect unemployment.

perdix 29

The best of both worlds! Now, you can collect unemployment -- you can't get that if you quit voluntarily. Also, if you have that bogus "not reliable enough" reason on paper, you have basis for a wrongful termination lawsuit. You get to stop working at a shithole and have two chances to score some free cash from them. Congrats!

Comments

Why complain? At least you don't work there anymore!

Vegnas 13

What if maybe, just maybe, the boss knew about your intentions from the beginning and decided to fire you so that you can at least collect unemployment from that?

@32 Although unlikely, that would be kind of sweet.

roflstomp716 19

why is this an fml? you were leaving anyways xD

At least you are done there, good luck in finding something else. I think there is nothing wrong with OP's choice to quit, you don't have to work as slave in a job you hate. Even though people keep saying that the economy is in the toilet, people have a right to choose; else were back in the middle ages with serfdom or slavery.

Ouch well at least you didn't get warts on your butt, life could be worse. Hold your head up find another job, and seek your revenge on them, problem solved.

At least now you qualify for unemployment.

No wonder the US economy is in the crapper. Someone gets fired and the first thing everyone thinks is sweet now I can go on the dole.

it's not about that, but it's a plus until a better opportunity arises...

ydi, can u say "UNEMPLOYMENT"? she did u a favor!

blink_kid 32

Did you tell any of your colleagues that you were planning on quitting? Maybe they told your bosss