Panic

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2018 but it's good stuff

Today, for the first time in years, I worked up the nerve to ask a work friend if they wanted to hang out sometime. They winced, and said they were busy that day. I hadn't specified a day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 795
You deserved it 478

Top comments

exileonmainst 16

Don’t worry, I’m sure your face will get better!

Were they male or female? Perhaps they had the wrong impression and thought you were asking them on a date?

Comments

09051308288 17

Clearly, they didn't want to hang out. Do the same next time when they ask.

exileonmainst 16

Don’t worry, I’m sure your face will get better!

manb91uk 22

You should have thought twice before asking out a Soothsayer dear boy! Have you learned nothing!

Were they male or female? Perhaps they had the wrong impression and thought you were asking them on a date?

Either they are busy every day for the foreseeable future, or they don’t want to tell you the real reason they don’t want to hang out with you. Assume the first and be happy.

The courage is the hard part...got that set..now just don’t take the heart break personally...

Lobby_Bee 17

The hard part is done, now you just have to be persistent and keep asking until they run out of excuse.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Maybe they're busy every day for the next 12 months...

I wouldn't take it to personally. There are a lot of folks out there (like me) who prefer to keep a distance between their professional and private lives. Some people prefer not to get to close to people they work with because doing so has lead to issues in the past. In my case somebody I trusted went to management with something I told them in confidence and next thing I know, I'm in the VPs office having to explain myself. It was at that point that I decided that I would never get to close to coworkers again.

Try this next time: “Dear boss, i am going to be sick next Monday, can’t come to work. Bye”