Rubbing it in

By BadDay - 20/09/2016 05:04 - Australia - Beerwah

Today, being a little stressed, I managed to lock my keys inside my car. I was taking this fairly calmly until, while waiting for roadside assistance, I overheard another woman in the same carpark say, "No, of course I didn't lock my keys in the car! I'm not a COMPLETE idiot." FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 893
You deserved it 1 331

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, the joke is on her because you locked your keys in your car, and you're not a complete idio—oh… I see how that could be hurtful.

Indianboy9321 25

First thing that came to mind was Peter Griffin locking his keys OUT of the car.

Comments

species4872 19

"No, of course I didn't lock my keys in the car! I'm not a COMPLETE idiot." Sounds of rummaging through handbag, lowers voice, "Mum there's this strange woman standing by the car next to me giving me a very angry look", Looks away from angry woman, "By the way Mum did you make the appointment with the doctor for the liposuction transplant yet?" Indistinct sounds of car being broken into in background.

I've literally had my lanyard get snagged on my inside door knob and snatched out my hand all while simultaneously flying back in my apartment while the door closed..... in turn locking me out #godhatesme

Maybe it's because I don't drive, nor do I have a license to, but I'm genuinely confused. How does one lock the keys inside cars? Don't they need the keys to lock the car in the first place?

ThePandoricaOpen 18

Not necessarily. Cars have a switch on the inside of the doors, that most people will flip before they close the car door.

Or else simply push down the vertical door lock "pin" at the edge of the door/ bottom of window as you step outside. Solution: Slide straightened-out coat-hanger wire between window glass & weather-stripping to activate power lock switch on door arm rest.

OP, either (1) wear a spare-door-key lanyard & NEVER take it off and/or (2) wrap ("electrical" - for max. stickiness) tape around a spare door-key to the frame/ underbody w/ the end of the tape dog-earred to later more easily unwrap it when needed.

I like that second idea! Thanks for the idea ??

Just get up and say "I'm blood of Old China. Chinese is my mother tongue. Dracarys".

Karma will get her back..it happens to most people

Think of it this way; you locked your keys in your car on accident probably cause you had other things on your mind. Meanwhile if she can't get in her own car and didn't lock her keys in, the only thing that comes to mind is that the battery in her keys died and she hasn't come to the realization you can physically open your door with the actual key. So if that's the case, she's the "idiot" while you just had an "oopsy" moment.

in my old car if you locked it with the remote and the remote ended up dying before I could unlock the car, it wouldn't start. even tho I could still open the door I couldn't go any where.

Just remember they give that services because alot of people need it so don't stress over beign abut careless is only human

Dont feel stupid OP. Its something that can happen to us all and it happens a lot! Maybe hide a sparekey in your bag, jacked or something so you can unlock your car if it even happens again ;)

Friendly advice: always lock your car with your key from outside, not by pressing the knob and slamming the door shut.