Sorry Mr Whiskers

By Brody89 - 09/04/2014 18:40 - United States - Vancouver

Today, my overly-attached 14-year-old cat wanted attention while I was in a heated Skype argument with my girlfriend. Worked up from the fight, I raised my voice and said, "Not now, go away!" He ran to his little bed, had a heart attack and died. I was a complete dick to my cat in his last moments. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 039
You deserved it 38 066

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hazardmuffin 21

This is probably the most awful FML I've ever read. I'm sorry about your cat, OP :(

Comments

I'm terribly sorry about your loss. Please don't feel bad, you were angry and you yelled without thinking, it's not your fault they your cat died

This is the saddest FML ever. I'm so sorry for you

I've never laughed so hard at an FML! That's hilarious!

How can you say that? What is wrong with you?

I really hope that you made a mistake and meant to comment on another FML

I read this fml this morning and it's been making me sad all day. Don't feel guilty, OP. These things happen. Pay attention to your dreams - your kitty may visit you to show you he/she is well and harbors no bad feelings towards you.

cosmicriver 17

My cat keiko has done this several times, #249. Great advice. It is so wonderful when that happens.

aw that's so sad, I'm so sorry, but just remember you probably gave that cat a wonderful, happy, long life I know you'll feel bad, I would too, but he'd still have seen you in the same loving way I'm sure

Yeah you might have caused that... Animals can scare real easy and it might have induced the heart attack

Awe how sad, your lucky he lived for 14 years though.

Hey guys, OP here. I figured this deserved a follow up, and honestly, I expected so many more YDI's because if I could, I'd give myself a thousand of them... This actually happened a few months ago, but keeping in the usual "Today" context, I had to write that at the start, and it was one of the most regretful things I've ever done, so I wanted to share it here. My cat's name was Butch, he was a scrawny little black and white cat that I think must have had abandonment issues from when he was just a kitty. My dad rescued him from the roof of a house during a rain storm when he was small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and he took a liking to me more than anyone else, and eventually sort of took residence in my bedroom, lol. He's always been very needy, and as I mentioned, quite overly attached, so sometimes he did get a little annoying, but I could never put him out of my room, and he would always freak out as soon as he stepped foot outside, so I pretty much gave in and let him stay full time. Maybe I'm just sentimental and last moments are important to me, so I guess that's why this bothered me so much. To those that support me, I thank you, and to those that gave me a YDI and think I'm a terrible person, I can't argue with you. I can't help but remember how I raised my voice to him and that was the last thing he heard from me, but I also think about how earlier that same day, I laid on my bed, holding the little guy to my chest and stroked his ears, watching him purr and fall asleep against me.

can't decide if this is a legit follow up or not, considering the two different user names?

The original name was submitted with the FML. After coming back and seeing that it was actually posted, I created an account to write a follow up.

And cue more tears and hugging my cats.

I understand OP, definitely an FML. You obviously didn't mean to kill your cat, he just couldn't handle all the tension. I'm sorry for your loss :(

This broke my heart omg. He just wanted some loving :/ poor baby. hopefully he forgives you :c