They tried to make me go to rehab…

By drunkenloser - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my alcoholism reached a new low when I found myself sitting on the toilet drinking a bottle of wine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 501
You deserved it 39 108

Top comments

vexus_fml 5

try AA meetings, they usually help

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Red or white? I personally believe white pairs the best for on the toilet.

Comments

150493x 29

It worries me that instead of getting help you're posting about it here.

graphicstyle7 17

Drinking wine on the toilet is not an indicator of alcoholism in and of itself, but if you feel your life is getting out of control because of alcohol, seek help. Go to an A.A. meeting. Consider going to rehab. These things do work, but you have to WANT to make them work. Sober 23 years now, pretty darn happy about it too.

skyeyez9 24

The good news is you realize this is a problem. That way the next step is getting help. My uncle is an alcoholic, but he doesn't think he is. He gets drunk every day and while drunk, is the most obnoxious, insufferable know it all who loves to pick arguments. He always thinks he is right and his stupid smug expression on his red drunken face makes you wanna slap it off with a shovel.

the bathtub is a much more comfortable place if you choose to do it again.

Don't worry OP! Keep abusing your booze and soon your liver will be so destroyed that you won't have to worry about being on the toilet with a bottle anymore. The nurses could connect you to a few tubes from your very own hospital bed. Don't like that thought? Maybe you wanna do something serious to put your health back on track. Good luck, whatever path you choose.

Obey_StudBoii 23

The first step is admitting you have an addiction. The second is getting help, try AA meetings and best of luck.

Realising that you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Now really is the time to try an AA meeting.