By cwl727 - 09/04/2014 16:49 - United States - San Francisco

Today, a customer threw his hot coffee all over me, because it was taking "too long" for their credit card to be approved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 104
You deserved it 3 233

cwl727 tells us more.

So I am doing a follow up on this because for some reason a different name was put as the author, I have contacted FML about it. This happened about 2 years ago when I worked at a theme park in Orlando. The guy was buying tickets and I told him that the computer told me I had to call the credit card company. I asked if he wanted me to use a different card and he said no and was fine with me calling to get authorization. I was on hold with the company and it was taking too long for him. He started complaining and I told him I was on hold but instead of calming down he threw his coffee on me. It was not scorching hot but it was hot enough that it did burn a bit. Security came over and escorted him off the premises and he is now banned from the entire company's property. I didn't sue in fact it was just another story to tell my friends and family.

Top comments

cjwayy 22

I think that qualifies as assault. Take his grumpy ass to court!

blcksocks 19

I heard the customer is always right... So direct your punch to the right side

Comments

Have him arrested. He could go to jail. Did you call the cops? Sorry OP

thunderniron 22

That's called assault and if you call the cops will arrest them. I've seen it happen.

This is why I hate working with people. Especially if you actually need said job and can't retaliate! I ****** hate people.

Wow, what a douche. I really hate some people's sense of entitlement.

Sorry OP, can't believe people can be so rude to others who r working hard... I wish they were more kind and humble just like how humans are supposed to be

Some customers are so vile and rude, sorry OP. I was serving a customer once and he threatened/made a move to punch me because I asked him for ID and he didn't have any. Too bad he wasn't banned from the store.