By Anonymous - 20/07/2013 21:31 - Canada - Toronto

Today, a man stopped me on the street. He said the stretch marks on my thighs looked like cuts, and asked me if I self-harmed. Before I was able to politely respond "No", he said, "I mean, I can see why you would." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 581
You deserved it 3 975

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who even asks that question to a stranger in the first place? And what they added on made them even more of a dick

After his insult, you should have said, "However I do perform grievous bodily harm", and let loose on him.

Comments

What a dick. Self-harm is a serious thing and shouldn't be made fun of. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

What the actual f**k, this amount of male entitlement of stopping a random woman on the street to comment on her body, I mean why does he think that said person is interested in their opinion or that he has the right to say his opinion on a stranger's body in the first place, just aaargh

skyeyez9 24

Some people have a terminal case of insufferable assholery.

Some people can't: 1. Mind their business 2. Know what to say, and when to say it. Sorry OP :(

**** him and his uninvited opinions. His asshole remarks say a lot more about his insecurities than about you or your stretch marks, OP.

Even if his intention was to help a cutter, calling them out on it like that would just make it worse. Why an unbelievable jerk >:(

You know what would prevent this kind of stuff? If you lost some weight. Just saying. YDI.

BAMM, and the ref takes a point awayyy!

Nobody deserves to be treated that way by a total stranger, no matter how much they weigh or what they look like.

mehwhocares 9

You know, it's perfectly plausible that the stretch marks are from growing quickly or maybe from past weight. They're not exclusive to fat people. Even if they did come from fat, they're not going to go away, so "lose weight" isn't really a solution here. And, by the way, you'll look like less of an ass next time if you don't judge people based on your assumptions of them.

RaeNiece1 15

I Know Of Small People With Stretch Marks. Nobody Deserves To Be Treated That Way.!

You're an ass and stupid. You can get stretch marks from growing or even from building muscles. Don't judge everyone based on your own case.

And my husband who is 5'9" and weighs 150? I guess he's so fat just because he has stretch marks yeah? Think before you type. It isn't always a weight thing.

I'm just saying that if you want to avoid this kind of situation then lose the weight.

So everyone replying to my comment saying it could be from growing. Why would the guy say "I see why you would"? You don't need to be a super genius to understand that most likely it's because OP is fat. Yes there's the possibility that he got them from growth but that last part makes me think OP is fat.

my wife got stretch marks while she was pregnant with our daughter. if anyone ever said anything like this to her I'd punch their ******* teeth out.

You, sir are my hero. I've been using cocoa butter because of this. I don't want my husband to go to jail!

RaeNiece1 15

That Was So Rude. Sorry He Approached You That Way OP :(