By gracehi - 10/09/2015 17:45 - United States - San Diego

Today, after studying for hours a day for the past month, sacrificing weekends and time with my husband, I finally took the exam required for a possible promotion at work. Out of over a hundred questions, I only knew the answer to 3 of them for sure. Boy, am I glad I studied so hard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 678
You deserved it 4 584

gracehi tells us more.

YES? I was waiting for someone to say that! I'm guessing you and I are in the same boat. But who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both be second classes in a few months.

Top comments

I feel like it is less about how op studied and more about what she studied. Trashing hours of her life for 3 answers sounds pretty BS from a standpoint that she didn't study hard enough.

Comments

Navy here, too. I know the feeling. First 2 times up I felt destroyed by the test and ended up just missing it. Today I know I did much better and I'm sure you'll see in November that it went a lot better than you thought. For those not in the Navy, it's a 175 question test and they tell you what can possibly be on the test and it's from like 2000 possible questions from a dozen different sources? Some of the publications are like a 1000 pages. There is no real way to prepare. For the rest of my Navy brothers and sisters taking exams this month, good luck I'm sure you all did much better than it feels like right now! Hooyah!

That's exactly what happened on my GRE's. I studied all summer (took an online class and worked with a tutor) and I still got horribly low scores. Some people, regardless of how well they know the subject material, are just not good test takers.

I know it's tough and it sucks when you do your 110% and it's not necessarily enough. what kind of helps me fet through it though is that you don't know what would have happened if you hadn't studied as much. Just a way I sometimes see the world. Anyways my sympathies OP

Gah is this what E-4 and above deal with, I've only heard legends from my RDCs in boot. 0_0

Mathias1188 7

Navy? 175 question test you are supposed to read 18 manuals to prepare for? Don't worry, it's graded on a curve

I think you are quite fortunate that the questions don't change much...but I can probably guarantee that the quiz is online for a practice... Good luck next time OP or hey you may get it this time depending on the guesses you made...

Ha! That's exactly how I prepared--with the online practice quizzes.

nicole1765 14

Its because you studied too long. The brain can only process info for 20-30 minutes. Next time take short breaks between and a long break as well. But still sorry OP. Hopefully they will give you another shot.