By LoveStinks - 18/08/2016 10:56

Today, I asked a girl what time she'd like me to pick her up for our date tonight. She didn't know what I was talking about. It seems like, after months of sweaty palms, nervous smiles, and awkward sentences, I only dreamed she said yes to going out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 220
You deserved it 2 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't let your dreams be dreams, just do it! - Albert Einstein

Your brain's telling you something subconsiously! Follow your dreams!

Comments

Your brain's telling you something subconsiously! Follow your dreams!

Wow, that must've been horrible. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

How could you not tell the difference between a dream and reality? Super awkward, yes, but I don't understand how you could mix that up so thoroughly.

Don't let your dreams be dreams, just do it! - Albert Einstein

"'Just do it'… I like the sound of that!" –Nike

"Every quote you read on the Internet is true."-Jesus

Centrifuge 8

Draven does it all, with style.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" -Nixon

Albert Einstein didn't quote that. It was Melania Trump obviously smh

chrisbeaudoin 26

"I have a dream" - Pope Francis (Queen of the USA, 1972-1964.)

qwerty 40

Personally, I don't understand how you could make that mistake, but life is full of stranger things. If you like her that much, try asking her or for real this time!

hellobobismyname 24

Sometimes dreams just feel real. Sometimes I dream that my boyfriend and I fought the night before and I'll be grumpy and sad when I wake up. Or that my mom wasn't sick anymore and I'll be really happy and excited when I wake up. The mind is a real trickster. It can make you believe things. To OP: Just ask her out. If it works in the end, you'll have a funny story to tell :)

PANDORUM89 21

Or you have dreams where you do your errands or work tasks and your brain logs them as completed. It happens to a lot of people so don't feel bad OP, just because they don't happen to everyone doesn't mean it's weird. If you think about something a lot your brain will "solve" the issue while you are sleeping. sleeping is a time for healing and you acting the way you were was actually a "stressor", your brain realized the problem and "solved it" by having you ask her out in a dream. I found out the hard way that if you suffer from anxiety, and your brain can't find a stressor, it will create one for you so that you can deal.

tbrill 15

I'm so sorry OP. I frequently have dreams similar to this where I dream of things happening to me that actually did not in a very realistic / convincing setting. Then I'm stuck with thoughts on if things have happened or not. Luckily I'm usually able to rule out the truth but I'm still super fearful of this kind of situation happening. I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope everything works out smoothly and that maybe this will turn out as a really funny story about how you guys ended up going out on your first date together. Best of luck OP!

So your palms were sweaty? Were your knees weak and arms heavy? Was there vomit on your sweater which consisted of your mom's spaghetti?

notabanana 8

Is he nervous? How does he look on the surface?

Did Inception teach you nothing, OP?! This is why I carry a totem with me at all times! Seconds before asking somebody out, I always take out my small metal totem, fondle it slightly while squinting my eyes, and attempt to determine wether or not I'm dreaming. Because of this, I've yet to have a single person go out with me, but at least I know they rejected me in reality…

That could have been a great pickup line if you played it right

I feel like you could have use that to your advantage.

Now you have nothing to fear :) ask her out man, good luck!