By anonymous - 08/01/2013 00:21 - United States

Today, I found a ring box in the pocket of my boyfriend's pants while doing laundry. I eagerly walked up to him knowing that it was an engagement ring, hoping that he would propose on the spot. He tossed it back to me and said, "Well you found it, I don't actually have to ask now, right?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 507
You deserved it 52 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you kind of deserved that, you spoiled his plans

I think OP does deserve it, she totally ruined his plans, she should have just put it back in the pocket and kept her mouth shut.

Comments

Sorry, but YDI! You RUINED his plans! You should have put the ring back in the pocket and just not washed the pants until he remembers that he left the ring in there and removes it!

You kinda deserved it, but then if you found it in his pants before washing them, you couldn't exactly leave it in there could you? But walking up to him with his wasn't the best move.

vvlovesu 9

Maybe you should have waited until he was in a better mood....

Maybe he had an elaborate surprise all planned out and confronting him ruined it all. YDI. Though he shouldn't have been so careless.

People are giving OP excuses saying she was so excited and what not. How about the excuse for OP's boyfriend? What he did was a first reaction which was fuelled by his immediate emotions - romantic proposal plan foiled. Who wouldn't be annoyed at least for the first 10 seconds?

The boyfriend should've done his own laundry if he really didn't want the OP to find it

happilyever2012 6

I would have handed it back and said,"I thought I was suppose to be the only one to have a periods, not you. Guess your incapable more than a decent proposal." my response. Yesss.

Why is everyone being so harsh? No one "ruined" anything. The boyfriend left the ring in his pocket probably by accident, OP went to do the laundry and found the ring, she probably thought her boyfriend meant for her to find it and naturally she went to him with it, and his response shows he probably didn't plan it that way. It was just an unfortunate string of events, it's no one's fault. In all honesty when I read the boyfriend's response, I didn't imagine he had meant it rudely. It just sounded like he meant it in a humorous way.

I think he had something planned...you should've put those pants back where he could find them and the ring. YDI.

afairshake 8

Why in the world would you ruin that even if you accidentally found it!?! You killed it for both of you.