By Bg2466 - 15/08/2016 03:17 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I got a bad review on my work's Facebook page. The girl said I was very rude and I should never work with the public. I was trying to flirt with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 138
You deserved it 15 726

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Talis99 26

Then YDI. Don't flirt with your customers for one.

You should never ever flirt with people on the job, neither customers or other employees. That's not appropriate in a work environment where you are supposed to be professional, and it also makes some customers uncomfortable and puts them in an awkward position.

Comments

YDI, that's why you shouldn't flirt at work

BeccaSedai 7

Yeah, it IS rude to flirt with a customer if they don't initiate first (and even then it's unprofessional). The woman was probably just trying to get some errand done, and you slowed her down and kept saying weird shit at her that she evidently wasn't responding to. Nothing worse than trying to buy a sandwich while the guy on the register keeps asking you awkward questions about yourself.

Today someone learned that flirting in the wrong situation is considered very rude.

There's an age old saying: "Don't mix business with pleasure"

If she hasn't complained to your manager yet, I hope she does. Also, flirting with customers is how you lose business.

YDI. Stop trying to flirt at work and keep it professional.

You weren't trying to "neg" her were you? Either way work is not the time to flirt.

I don't see why everyone is saying that you deserved it for flirting with her. It confuses me how some people consider it rude to flirt these days if you're a guy. like, **** dudes. Right? As long as you're not a **** about it, I don't see the problem.

Gender doesn't matter, it's rude for anybody at work to flirt with customers.

You shouldn't flirt with customers because it's unprofessional and rude and it makes trying to do your errands or eating really awkward. The customers aren't trying to get laid, they're trying to get shit done or have a good time. An employee flirting with them just makes things harder and more uncomfortable then it should be.

askullnamedbilly 33

Funnily enough, the only person in the comments who made this about OP's gender is YOU. No one else cares what dangles between his legs, there are even people talking about how they've experienced women flirting on the job and how inappropriate that was. It's about the principle - if you're at your job, you're expected to be professional. Trying to get a date or to get into someone's pants is about as unprofessional as you can get.

Ha, you got slammed by your "customers" on here. Never flirt on your job, dude.