By hungry - 15/08/2016 03:03 - United States - Waverly

Today, my husband offered to do the weekly grocery shopping. Because he has never done the shopping before, I made him a list of what we needed and other optional foods to give him an idea of what to get. He came back with a week's worth of ramen noodles and 2 litres of soda. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 013
You deserved it 2 211

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait wait wait. Your husband's never done grocery shopping? Providing sufficient and more or less healthy food for yourself and your family is like adulting 101.

Does your husband happen to be a college student?

Comments

Who doesn't need a weeks worth of ramen noodles?

An athletic person? Or anyone that wants the energy to do anything physical.

No one. Have you seen the amount of sodium and saturated fat in those things?!?

I like to eat them like a Rice Crispies treat. Or crush it up and use it in a salad. Don't use the flavoring packet though; that thing is loaded with sodium.

Wait wait wait. Your husband's never done grocery shopping? Providing sufficient and more or less healthy food for yourself and your family is like adulting 101.

I kinda took it as he never went grocery shopping without her going with or not for the weeks main groceries, but either way, you're right, it's nuts.

This is so weird to me, cause my boyfriend and I have only been living together for a little over a year, and yet we go grocery shopping together every week.

That is wrong in so many ways, what if your significant other lost their memory and can't remember how to, or couldn't go outside and do that stuff for their whole life. Think before you speak.

Pretty funny, but how did he get through life before this?? Do sons not get dragged to the supermarket like daughters during their formative years and get a sense of how to do grocery shopping?

This is not just a guy thing, lots of girls don't know how to do this stuff either

Does your husband happen to be a college student?

Well he must have known he wouldn't be doing the right thing if there was a basic list to follow ...

And you never saw it as a problem with him never gone grocery shopping before? YDI

Let him eat ramen noodles all day for a week, while you eat nice meals. After a week he'll never will do that again.

I mean, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have bought that much ramen if he weren't planning on eating all of it... right?

yeah but thinking it and actually eating nothing but noodles is a difference. He'll be so fed up by the end of the week

Nerd14 9

Let me guess, he's..."thrifty", or what we glass half-empty people would say, a cheap?

He did this on purpose so you would never send him to do the shopping again.