By Parenting... - 27/08/2013 04:36 - United States - Arlington

Today, I had no choice but to bring my son to work as a med school professor. I sat him in a chair in a corner while I gave a lecture. To my surprise, he added another word to his limited vocabulary, and screamed it out loud with an ecstatic expression on his face. The word is "cancer". FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 025
You deserved it 4 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

mesahus 5

OMG! Your 5 year old said cancer! Now your life's screwed and miserable!

justmeCee 16
Poetaster 10

Professor rule #1... Never bring your 20 year old child to work...

RandomRaybay 13

Be thankful that's the only word he picked up there!

Evil_Wench 16

If I'd paid however many thousands of pounds to attend med school, I'd be pissed off to have a screaming child in my lectures, regardless of what they were screaming. F your students life.

really_meow 7

I had a little cousin who did shit like that up until he was 5 or 6 years old. Every tine he learnt a new word he felt the need to screech it out in a face melting fashion while looking thrilled with himself. It was hysterical but i felt terrible for his parents.... Yikes

Sounds like OP's son might be autistic.

I live in the Netherlands, and the teens (and some adults too) have gotten the insane idea in their head to curse with the word "kanker" which means "cancer". They use it in the way you use "****" (although we also use that) and a lot more ways; Kankerkind - cancerchild Kankeren - cancering Cancer this, cancer that. Always they use cancer... I cant really give a good example, because our language has a somewhat different structure, but it is so horrible and wrong! I love my country, but I'm so ashamed of the fact that we use the word "cancer" in that sort of way. And as far as I know is the Netherlands the only country that uses the word this way. I am ashamed of my generation although a lot of people from holland agree with me, and there areall sorts of campaigns against it, which is a good thing, but it isnt always helping so much. Long story short, your son doesnt understand the meaning of the word yet, so no one will blame him. Dutch teens know the meaning but they dont care, atleast not until somene close to them gets cancer, because then no one is allowed to use that word according to them...

kinda confusing if you don't disclose his age....