By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

ishnaps 0

omg when i was a teenager, this happened to me ALL THE TIME with this one lady. but she was my mom's friend, so i really couldn't say anything. haha as soon as i was old enough, i got a job so i could tell her i was always too busy to watch her brat for free. have a backup excuse ready anytime they ask you to watch their kid again!

$19 for a PIZZA?! Are you serious? In the UK you can buy a large pizza for about £5, good quality too!

You charged him $2 an hour?? You totally ****** deserve it

When I was little and wouldn't eat, my parents would tell me, "Well, breakfast is tomorrow. It's a long time until then."

The $20 for ten hours is bullshit but as far as the pizza goes that's your fault you didn't agree with the parents they'd pay you back for it, plus you shouldn't be feeding kids that crap anyway, they don't need junkfood and if they get hungry enough they'll eat anything.

dahockeymasta12 0

2 bucks an hour!!!! I got paid $35 for four hous of babysitting last weekend, and the kids werent even difficult at all!! YDI

Is it really such a horrible thing to do a favor for your neighbor? There's nothing wrong with babysitting your neighbor and family friend's kids for free. If you were so set on money, you should have settled it before they left.

dopebaby420 0

lol that's why I refuse to babysit unless I know how much ima be paid before hand.

No, the OP paid $4 to spend ten hours watching some kid, and possibly get some pizza.