By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

You should have told the dad you ordered pizza so he would pay for it

pancakelover 0

Forget that! With a little brat like that I would charge at least $20 an hour! Plus I wouldn't have paid for no pizza! She would have ate what you originally offered or she would have starved!

the actual problem here is that the father didn't even think about what his child would for fed for 10 hours straight at someone else's house, and didn't even think to pay for it. it's not like he was sending the kid over for a birthday party where he'd be fed with other kids at someone else's expense. i get the babysitting was done as a favor and the $20 was a thank you, but you should've figured out with the parent what the kid would be EATING FOR 10 HOURS IN YOUR HOUSE if your own food wasn't appropriate. that's negligent. and seeing how you didn't figure that out, you should've at least pointed out "hey, he wouldn't eat anything of mine so i ended up having to order a pizza, which is what he preferred. it was $24."

20 bucks for 10 HOURS!? thats crazy, most people i know get ten bucks per 1 hour

I would have starved the damned thing.... it's probably best I don't have kids O.o

That's when you let the child go hungry. That picky of an eater should be handled by their parents who should have provided you with money to feed their child, or provided you with food that she WOULD eat. And you do know about the $5 pizza deals that are around at many pizzerias, right?

they only gave you a 20 for 10 hours of watching over there little brat? THAT SUCKS!

christopherlove 0

You learned a lesson, but he definitely took advantage of you. You should have been assertive and told him $20 was completely unacceptable.

20$ 10 hours!?!?chinese hard labours make more money then you. you're making double the money prison guys make .... that's not saying much. 2$- 1hr