By Liz - 09/04/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I had to watch my neighbor's daughter for 10 hours. She wouldn't eat anything I had to offer, so I ordered a pizza for $19 + a $5 tip = $24. Her father came by to pick her up, thanked me, and gave me a $20 bill. I effectively just paid to watch his kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 960
You deserved it 19 187

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wtfdidido 0

$20 for 10 hours is stupid. Why were you even willing to do something without knowing how much you'll get out of it?

Comments

average_girl 0

#122.. wow dumbass! "pie" is used 2 describe the whole pizza.. ever heard of "pizza pie" woww

I would let the kid go hungry. I'm not paying for the thing, eat what's in your house or you're not hungry enough to eat. I hope you learned your lesson. That sucks. :[

DUDE; 5$ tip?! HOLY CRAPCAKES! THATS A LOT!

katie_6098 0

if they wont eat anything then don't order food. just wait awhile, eventually they will get hungry enough to eat something.i do that all the time. and even if you don't get them to eat something, tell the parents when they get back that you offered them food all day but they kept refusing, at least that way you won't get into trouble if the kid tells them that you haven't been feeding them.

yup, what #246 says. if you cave in to kids they'll get super spoiled and won't ever try different foods. next time, stand your ground. kids don't need so much junk anyway.

w0w what a rip off! I was paid $20 for 3 hours when I used to babysit. I guess you're not a very good babysitter, huh?

you are dumb for buying 1 pizza for 19 dollars. you can get 3 pizzas for that price from dominos (with tip), or smaller pizzas for less money. you need to get paid more than 20 bucks for 10 hours too, that is completely unreasonable.

Professor59 2

OK, so you aren't a professional babysitter. But how much pizza did you expect the girl to eat? You want her dad to pay for your pizza? You still have it! My thought is - if she won't eat, she's just not hungry enough yet. And yeah - find a more reasonable pizza joint, nice tipper that you are...