By problems - 19/10/2014 03:03 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I have to make a decision. I either drive my dad around during the day so he can drink, or I let him drink and drive so I can focus on studying for my exams. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 495
You deserved it 3 051

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy some booze, stay at home and have a drunken study session with the old man!

Sounds like you need to consult somebody you trust, OP. This is serious.

Comments

shanebob 15

My father is an alcoholic. He's gotten two DUI's, both crashes, one he was injured in. And he still drinks. It's really not a pretty thing. It changes a person. But you still wouldn't know it to look at him. Try to get him some help while you still can.

You can make a cardboard car, hide the keys to the real car. And when he's drunk he can a real fun time with that cardboard car

Let him drink and drive, and call the cops giving the number plate of his car. Let the cops teach him a lesson. And then don't bail him out - you need the time to study in peace.

1. Don't driver him. 2. Hide his car keys

Either let him go and call the cops and inform them of his plate so he gets busted as someone else suggested, or drive him to AA (or equivalent), drop him off and leave.

I suppose that telling him to stop drinking is not even conceivable, isn't it?

Its His responsibility and youre not his dad. Dont let him reverse roles here. And best to keep him safe would probably be to call the cops on him when hes driving under influence.

Let him get drunk at home first and lock him in a room until he passes out. Problem solved - later he should definetly get some help

Mr_Mole 24

Shop him and don't give it a second thought. You get a good education to leave the loser behind, no one gets hurt from his drink driving, and he might even sort himself out as a result. Don't enable the pathetic excuse of a man.