By Tragic - 27/04/2009 21:50 - United States

Today, I heard my mom ask "Are you okay?" I opened my mouth to tell her about how I've been feeling suicidal lately. At that second, I realized she was talking to my cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 276
You deserved it 6 837

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I really feel bad for you dude. That sucks when you get depressed.

TheZephyrSon 3

Seriously, if you've been feeling suicidal, get some help or talk to someone. Don't kill yourself.

Comments

xThatRandomGirlx 0

This one is actually scaring me a little. Please don't do it, no matter what shit is going on in your life! It won't solve anything. Get some help ASAP, find someone to talk to, anyone! It won't be easy. Nothing truly worth having is ever easy to get, but that's why it's all worth it in the end. I'm sure you're mom will listen if you just tell her you need to talk. I will be thinking about you.

At least she's ignoring you rather than telling you to your face that your problems are you own fault and that you should just suck it up. I had serious depression problems throughout high school and my parents said it was my fault because I felt the need to be so different from everyone else. Apparently it was my fault I wasn't a thief, a drunkard, a *****, a druggie, or a troublemaker like everyone else.

that blows. :( i know how you feel. you can get through it though, a good therapist is really really helpful. (the mediocre/bad ones really suck though so keep looking till you find a good one)

tdawgheath 0

You guys all say "get a therapist, and take your pills" you obviously don't know what it's like. A few of my female friends have been, or are suicidal right now. Therapy tends to make things worse, and the pills make people feel bad too... So really you just have to have close friends...that's really the only way to really fix it...

No, it's really not. The medication can help. It doesn't always, but it's a good option to try out. I'm in this position right now, and my therapist is helping me so much. Without him I'd be screwed. Don't talk about things you don't understand. Even as a close friend. To the OP: I know how you feel and what it's like. As everyone else has said, it sucks. But it will get better, just don't lose hope.

PLEASE TELL YOUR MOM AND A THERAPIST!!!

Hey, I know that life really sucks sometimes. Please know there are multiple answers to what you are going through. It might feel like no one understands, but there are people out there who do. Please tell your mom about your feelings, and if you can't talk to her, talk to a teacher, counselor, friend, or anyone you trust. There are so many options available to people who are depressed/have depression and anxiety. It is more common than you think. I have been dealing with depression on and off and I know that it can be very debilitating, but you have to keep in mind that there ARE answers. It's amazing how much you can learn about yourself once you get through it. Even if you have been suffering for a long time, don't ever give up. It's time to take what is bugging you and kick it in the nuts. 1-800-273-TALK. There are also local hot lines in your area you can look them up on the internet. The state offers free counseling as well in certain areas. The reality is that you do have control. I wish you the best, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

well...that doesn't mean your mother doesn't love you. i mean, it's not like you said anything to her before she said that, and maybe she didn't even see you.

So you've been suicidal because your mom has been paying more attention to the cat than you? Life sucks.its reality=face it. But its really what you make of it, at least you can try to talk to your mom like this since some of us can't.

ok i dont really know how to handle this, but i cant click "you life is f'd" cause then you get more depressed but i dont really want to click "you deserve it" cause that sounds mean, and i dont wanna be a jerk if you are already depressed