By ej6901 - 23/06/2015 20:00 - United States - Ventnor City

Today, I left my dog in my car for 5 minutes while I ran into a store. The car was running so he was fine, the thing that wasn't so fine is that when I walked out my car wasn't there. My dog somehow moved my car into the middle of a intersection, almost causing an accident. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 813
You deserved it 19 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dantee2005 33

Take away his license until he learns to be responsible.

colvindj 22

I'm just trying to comprehend the fact that your dog apparently moved the car while it was parked.

Comments

Why did you left your car running? People that do that kind of shit shouldn't have a drivers licence.

"Why did you left your car running?" You mean: "Why did you leave your car running?" People leave their cars running ALL THE TIME. You're an idiot. He left the car running so the A/C would stay on, and that way his dog wouldn't get too hot in the car.

This happens because Americans don't use their e-brake! YDI, and worse.

The car was running so he was fine.... how was a dog better off in a running car?

Engage the parking break next time...that should help...even though you must have one smart dog that figured out how to move the car...

Either your dog is very strong to move the car or he is smart enough to drive.

That's why you put the emergency brake on

That's sucks OP. I think your dog has played too much GTA

Suddenly everyone ITT is an expert on weather and veterinary medicine. In the summer, cars are always a danger - even when they're moving. A moving car still gets incredibly hot due to the Greenhouse Effect, yes? The car doesn't suddenly become a death trap once it's in park: if the A/C isn't on, then the car is always at risk of being a death trap. Many children have died of heat stroke while IN A MOVING CAR. The only way to combat this is to ensure that you drive only for a short amount of time, use the A/C, and/or open the windows. If the A/C is on, then you're fine (assuming it's working properly). We all drive with the A/C on. We drive with our pets in the car while the A/C is on, so why is it so bad to leave your dog in the car if the car is running? The temperature in the car is the same when it's moving as when it's NOT moving. It's when the car ISN'T running that the people inside are in danger. There are plenty of reasons NOT to leave your dog in the car when the car is running: the A/C could fail; the dog can accidentally turn off the A/C; and, as is the case in this FML, the dog could somehow cause the car to move. However, if you guys really think that the A/C isn't enough to save a dog from heat, then it's also the case that a dog should NEVER be in the car, even when it's moving. In fact, if A/C is so utterly useless, then no human being should ever be in a car in the summer for more than two or three minutes.