This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By unemployed not so fast - 02/01/2017 17:55 - United States - Saint Cloud

Today, I'm trying to enjoy my first day of unemployment after quitting a high-stress/low-pay job. I just got a text from my ex-boss asking if I could come in for a few hours to show my successors how to do something. I worked 60 hours last week creating thorough how-to guides for everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 353
You deserved it 610

Top comments

The English language has a great word that is just perfect in this situation: No. Google it!

itssnotfunny 24

Just leave them to suffer? Unless you need him as a reference for future jobs, I guess. Sorry he ruined your day, OP.

Comments

Say yes but demand at least double your previous rate. Be sure to get it in writing with the dates for this freelance contact

I always check references and it has led me to select a different candidate -- that doesn't mean that OPshould do it, though. He has no obligation to the company since he is no longer employed there.

<p>Charge them $1000 for the day cash up front</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>

I had a job that tried that. I gave them 3 month notice to find a replacement before I left, and they "never got around to it". 2 werks after I left they wanted me to come in and train my replacement. I told them it would be double my hourly wage with a 100 hour minimum.

There is the difference between boss and ex-boss: now you don't have to give a flying rat's ass.

hey boss did I ever tell you it's because of things like this sure but will but it will be double time and it will be in advance

Ask for double time or charge them by the hour. Then sit back next to the new hire as they go through the How-Tos and play on your phone, tell them to read and ask if they need anything clarified. After they hang their head in shame cash out a nice big check to hold you over until your next job.

OP is posting from California. Just making the request he could go to the state labor board and have them for lunch. My reply would be "No. Hell No. **** No"

Tell him hell no! He can't ask that of you if you've already been terminated as an employee!