By Anonymous - 02/11/2010 12:17 - United States

Today, I moved back in with my parents in order to help them with the mortgage, so they don't lose the house that has been in our family for three generations. I also found out that I now have a curfew, and so does my husband and our 3 year old son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 579
You deserved it 5 133

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LoveINKs 0

Tell them, WHEN THEY PAY ALL THE BILLS, THEY CAN MAKE THE RULES! or just life them in their room!

MissErikaHart 0

Comments

I know exactly where you are coming from and I feel your pain!

3 generations? Obviously not the original mortgage. Why should you have to move back home to take care of your parents excessive spending?

That's what I was thinking. Of course, if they keep the house the property taxes would be pretty low.

If the mortgage hasn't been paid off in three generations... maybe they should lose the house?

kuyekandy 0

simple solution. say that if you and your husband and your child don't get the curfew removed then you are going to move out of the house and they will lose it. tell them it's a lose lose situation if they keep the curfew because they will lose the house because you moved out and you will feel hated by them and possibly be cut out of the will. but it's a win win situation for both of you if they get rid of the curfew because you get to come and go as you please and they get to keep the house. and if they still refuse move out and when they lose it remind them that they had the option of eliminating your curfew and if they did they would still I've the house. problem solved!

thatonedame 6

who has a mortgage on a 90+ year old house, that has been in the family that long. unless op does not realize a generation a is 30 years. ydi - in any case. if you can't have a serious conversation with your parents to discuss the issues, deal with it and stop whining.

ocampnell 0

Your parents need to be more concerned about paying off the loan than your family's curfew. Besides why did your parents pull a risky loan out against the house that has been in your family for so long?

still paying off a mortgage after 3 generations? must be one he'll of a house

If the house has been in your family for 3 generations, why are you still paying a mortgage?

You don't have a curfew, neither does your husband. And your child has the one you set, not them. Make sure you respectfully make this clear.

Mackkdance 0

if this house was in your family for that long, why are your parents still paying a morgage on it?

mte, and if they rely on OP they shouldn't be laying down any rules. stupid