By TearfulDaughter - 19/01/2011 17:45 - United States

Today, I planned on introducing my fiancé to my parents. After the introductions, and telling him how I hoped our relationship would have the same amount of love and commitment that has lasted my mother and father for 25 years, my parents awkwardly announced their imminent divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 987
You deserved it 3 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

By today's standards, 25 years is sufficiently close to "forever."

I have a sneaking suspicion that if you had posted first, your comment would have involved something regarding erotic nipple tweaking. What the hell did you think you had to gain by being first? Are you that much of an attention ***** that you need your useless comment to be seen by everyone? Obviously you had nothing of interest to say, since the entirety of your comment was complaining that you couldn't post. If you really are in such desperate need of attention, may I suggest heading straight to your local mall, taking off all your clothes, and jumping around in one of the fountains. You'll get all the attention you crave.

Comments

mintcar 9

You introduce the boyfriend to the parents before getting enganged. No?

mintcar 9

Engaged. * ^ Oh okay. Makes sense.

Makes sense, but still...I mean, you don't engage yourself to someone you've only known for a couple of months, do you? If you have waited a couple of years - which most people seem to do - you could have introduced him to your parents years before the engagement. Sorry about your parents. I hope it will work out.

This happened to my SIL in a somewhat similar way. Both sides of the family were out at dinner celebrating their engagement, and my BIL's weird-ass parents decided it was an appropriate time to announce that after 30 years of marriage they were getting a divorce. Awkwarddddddddd

talktomandybaby 8

awe.im sorryD: that has to suck!! but why would they announce it right after you said that their marriage lasted..they should have waited till your fiance wasnt around!! but anyways FYL

I am sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. Keep your chin up

I am sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. Keep your chin up and push forward with your wonderful life.

ivanoff 0

really? you should be happy your parents arn't gunna be miserable any more!

emilyxorawr 3

divorce sucks. especially if kids are involved. FYL.

#27 It's not really any harder if the kids are grown up. Trust me...

Oops, I meant easier! Not harder. Gah. Proof-read, Nerds, proof-read! And don't talk to yourself.

well, i hope your relationship does'nt end like that for your sake, OP.

zp5 4

Sorry OP, that's sucks. I hope you and your fiancé don't end up divorcing.

you're marrying him and he hasnt even met your parents?

Read above, OP lives in a different country to her parents. Even in a different state it's hard to introduce partners to parents *speaks from experience*