By Anonymous - 12/09/2013 22:27 - Sweden - Vällingby

Today, I realized that what I thought for years was my country's National Anthem, is actually the theme song of a TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 168
You deserved it 57 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RpiesSPIES 27

Hangin' out. Down the street. The same old thing. We did last week. . . Sure it's in Sweden, but there's a chance.

Comments

Did you think putting on the sunglasses was part of it as well?

Simple fix why change your ways when you can just petition to get it changed its probably more popular anyways... P.S. I'm dying to know how you found out it wasn't and what show.

Do schools even teach us anything about national pride anymore. No they don't so really it doesn't matter.

You need a question mark after a question. You also answered your own question. And he could be in a different country than you.

And schools shouldn't have to teach us how to be proud of our country.

in Australia most public schools no longer start the day reciting our national anthem as it could offend someone from another culture.

TheDrifter 23

Wow, and I thought aboriginal protests against the Canadian national anthem was extreme.

In Sweden, where the OP uploaded from, we always sing the national anthem the last day of school, along with other beautiful folk and traditional songs. So, yes, they so "teach it" in a way.

Just saying, it is possible that someone has proxies set up to say they are somewhere else.

I know he's in Sweden it says it but in general im asking. Plus it was rhetorical

I dont know the anthem. Never was taught. my school only ever taught the pledge. because most students weren't from the us and they didn't want to offend people

Patriotism makes me sick, why should schools teach stuff like that? The last time they did, the nazis took over an entire country lol

October3461 12

Who even knows the national anthem theses days? -.-

McNikk 15

Most Americans definately do. We sing ours before every sporting event.

In the United States we most certainly never forget our national anthem, we sing it every morning in our schools, at sporting events, memorial services, etc.

hooligyn123 18

You guys are still able to sing the national anthem at your schools? I know most schools around my state they not only ditched the Pledge of Allegiance but the national anthem in the mornings as well. The closest the kids around here get is the occasional National Anthem at assemblies.

We never have done the national anthem at my school we only did the Pledge of Allegiance. plus some people may not watch sports and some schools don't teach it. Mine didn't

tingtingmeg 12

After Christina Aguilera's screw up, they tested a few Americans to see if they actually knew "The Star-Spangled Banner" WORD for WORD. Ha! Test yourself; write down the lyrics and see if you truly know it as well as you think. (Don't cheat!) Many will fail and miss the correct word here and there. :P

TheDrifter 23

As a Canadian Nascar fan, I can say I know it word for word, it just took me a few years to realize that "gentlemen start your engines" wasn't the last line of the anthem.

As and American hockey fan, I know both the American and Canadian anthems word for word. I was taught the American in school, plus they sing both before games as well. Well, all teams do when they play a Canadian team, my team and its AHL affiliate always sing the Canadian one because its not that far and they have enough Canadian fans its just polite . I also used to be able to sing the Canadian in French as well, and the Irish in Gaelic ( though I think it always is) too, because of dance competitions, but those skills seem to have floated away.

elleseaak 3

I know it word for word because my generation was taught it from a very young age... Before anyone thought knowing the anthem for the country you live in, or pledging your allegiance to it, was "offensive".

I never had to sing it in school besides in chorus. We do say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, but it isn't required. I don't say it.

What if he was singing: 'My little poony, My little pooonny'

klovemachine 24

27, Your picture captures the emotion really well :-)

Haha, thanks :3 Also, I meant singing in my comment, not signing. Damm phone :P

Wonder_Woman9932 5

I think even a little kid would know that :|

Just as long as it wasn't the Benny Hill theme, even though that's quite epic and probably apt for most governments...

The UN should declare the yakety sax must be in every national anthem.

jasmine2301 25

So did you get up and put your hand over your heart everytime you switched to the channel?

When I was being raised as a child I thought the CBC Hockey Night in Canada theme was the national anthem. Then I realized that a lot more people stand for that one.