By Anonymous - 12/09/2013 22:27 - Sweden - Vällingby

Today, I realized that what I thought for years was my country's National Anthem, is actually the theme song of a TV show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 168
You deserved it 57 661

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RpiesSPIES 27

Hangin' out. Down the street. The same old thing. We did last week. . . Sure it's in Sweden, but there's a chance.

Comments

twas probably sopongebob squarepants theme song

Jag skulle tro att det va nog "Stockholm i Mitt Hjärta" (du vet från Allsång på Skansen?)

BigJones62 0

Wow. I have mixed emotions on that.

CatsGoWoof 4

Guys, I am almost 100% certain that the OP will not follow up on this FML. Why? Coincidence? I THINK NOT! He most likely stole it, making it not true and thus he can't really follow up on it. The reason I'm saying this is because I posted the exactly same FML (Which I believe did not go through), using the same wording and all since I thought it'll be a funny anecdote to share. Obviously OP wanted to steal it for no apparent reason (Not sure as to why he would want to make up such a lie, however) and since I can't report this whatsoever, I'm here to explain MY FML. My family is from Taiwan but I was born in New Zealand and rarely visited. We did, however, have the Taiwanese satellite installed on our TV and every morning I would watch the shows on a channel called "Mingshi" or literally translating "People's media". Since I lived in New Zealand, there was usually a 4 or 5 hour time difference between NZ time and Taiwan time. For example, if I woke up at 8am and turned on the TV in New Zealand, it would be around 3am~4am in Taiwan, and so no shows would be playing but instead a song would repeat with a still image until they do. The song that they played was in Taiwanese, and considering the fact that I was a 5 year old back then that had little experience hearing Taiwanese (since I was learning Mandarin and English), I didn't really understand the song. I faintly remember the first few lines and the majestic melody of the song, the lines going something like "The colourful world, words of wisdom, etc..." and I always thought it was the Taiwanese National Anthem. Obviously it wasn't when I asked my mother, but she informed me that Taiwan had a lot of "National Songs", such as the National Anthem and the "Flag" song (It's hard to understand, I know!) So yeah...I thought that particular channel's repeating song was my country's National Anthem @@ Thanks to all those who read the massive all of text above^^ and hope you understand that the OP most likely, or rather must've, taken it from a submitted FML *cough* I'll leave you all with that message. Thanks!

Do they not play the Swedish national athem at sporting events or any ceremony? Because unless you under 10 years old you must be pretty retarded.

Good morning USA. I gotta feeling that it's gonna be a wonderful day...

Wayne913 13

if It's a little kid, It's not bad. if It's an adult.......

Anyb0dyTh 8

-You must be from the United States. -And the TV Show was "Americas Funniest Home Videos" Lolololol

va sången "Stockholm i Mitt Hjärta"? ahaha, om det va den sången skulle förstå varför du hade trot det XD for the english speaking people: was the song "Stockholm in My Heart" (theme song of Allsång på Skansen)? ahaha, if it were that song I'd get why you'd have thought that XD

common sense. without it you'll always be an idiot

My country's anthem is the theme song to Sanford and Son.