By emogurl - 22/07/2009 05:47 - United States

Today, I returned from a month-long stay in a psych ward for severe depression and suicide attempts. The first words my friends say to me when I call them and let them know I'm out? "Does this mean you're not gonna be so emo? 'cause that was really annoying." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 913
You deserved it 28 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You mean "ex-friends", right? Tell them it's their fault you were in there. Bastards.

I am so sorry and I hope that now you are ok and on the road back to recovery. It annoys the hell out of me that when anybody shows any kind of emoiton they are considered emo, it's as if showing any sign of sadness, depression or any other emotion like that is wrong, its not it is an emotion and if not shown it can lead to dangerous circumstances and situations The next person who say "OMG I was so emo I cried today" I am going to SCREAM !!!

Comments

kgy 0

drop your friends, they r prob the ones to get u in the hospital in the first place - u deserve better

Guess what, fucktards; depression has a biological basis. It's caused by a chemical imbalance or receptor problems in the brain. YOU CAN'T ******* CONTROL IT. Unless you can manipulate your own neurochemistry maybe you should all stop making people who have a DISEASE feel even worse about themselves than they already do because of it. Maybe the next time you go to the doctor with the flu, he'll tell you to man up and get over it.

Donthavekids 0

Well, if you go to the doctor for the flu, your a pussy. Man up and get over it. As for depression being a biological disorder/disease, Yes, it is a problem with receptors in the brain. But, all medical conditions have causes, be it a birth defect, a problem with the brain, or a physical injury sustained later in life. It's all natural selection, and what annoys me about the human race is that people with any of those problems, instead of being left to fend for themselves(to the degree regular people do), they are coddled, being safetly guided through life, being allowed to reproduce, and making more people with those problems. And that's why we have fml.

Some of the greatest and most influential people in history were insane, depressed, or in some way what you would see as broken. If we as a society had just left them to die like the runt of a litter, our same society would be decades, if not centuries behind in many areas of art, literature, math and science. So before you start calling people useless for being emo and/or depressed, think about what they can contribute to society that would improve YOUR life, on top of dealing with their own pain.

Donthavekids 0

Emo and/ or depressed people are useless to society. They have contributed poetry. Poetry sucks.

And I suppose you'll also come to the conclusion that works of art by da Vinci and Picasso are worthless because the creators weren't perfectly sane and normal? What about political geniuses like Ben Franklin who were probably bipolar to some degree? And I suppose the medicines and treatments developed by people like Paul Farmer who are slightly unstable are too good for you? Do a bit of reading, many of the advances we take for granted were made by the mentally ill.

lovesucksxxx 0

I've been there and I can tell you the best thing to do is not talk about it to anyone except maybe one or two people who want to hear it, because the truth is no one wants us pulling them down too and they won't understand. Then ignore what you feel and distract yourself as best you can with whatever makes you feel good, especially being around other people. This kind of thing hits in different ways but that's what I'm saying you should do. Every little thing you can do is better than nothing, and don't tell people about it because they'll either feel frustrated or won't care.

crazyval619 6

Dude like no lie you have some shitty friends! FYL

If you're gonna try to commit suicide: do it right. Rent a helicopter, fly it up to about 6,000 feet, and jump out. Not only would it be fun until you black out, but theres also no pain! (or very brief, as you hit the ground)

Wow OP, your first day out and you're already bitching? Anyways, that sounds pretty cool, but I think a badass way to kill yourself is to tie piano wire around your neck and then to a bridge, jump off and it'll look like you ripped your head off. No one'll call you a pussy emo kid for that one.

Go to hell. The friends asked that as the first question. That doesn't mean they were bitching, it means that the friends were asking if the behavior was going to continue. I'm sure you've heard this before, but CORRELATION =/= CAUSATION.

mndz_mkl 0

dude, i got out of one of those place 3 months ago , they really suck, and didnt affect me at all

Your so called friends sound like horrible people. They are supposed to be there for you to lean and depend on in your time of need. **** them all. You deserve so much better and you have shown great strength getting help for your depression. One of the hardest things to do in life is to admit that you need help and you went and got it... Ignore all these morons that tell you to off yourself next time. They don't know shit...Abso-*******-lutely NOTHING. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Most of these comments are some of the most DISRESPECTFUL pieces of shit that have ever been my displeasure to read. Depression is a ******* illness. It doesn't "go away", you can't just "get over it", and being depressed doesn't make you emo. Everyone quit bashing emos and depressed people, unless you want to come to Portland, Oregon and do it to my face so I can bash yours in. Don't talk shit over the internet unless you want to back it up. And for those of you who dis on the clinically depressed, go take some pills to **** up your brain chemicals and you'll know how we feel, except we didn't have a goddamned choice. You should be ashamed of yourselves, you horrible people.

Agreed. I wouldn't solve the problem with violence though, I would just BURNINATE everyone who makes fun of and belittles clinical depression and the people who have it. "Ewewewewew your nameeeee. If you can't even kill yourself right, then you have a good reason to try try again! If you have no regard for human life, especially your own, then you shouldn't be here. I'm sorry but I have no compassion for suicidal people. Call me a bitch, it's k I deserve it" I have clinical depression, and OP, good luck to you with fighting yours. Sometimes, I wish I could force everyone who mocks clinical depression to take depressant meds and make them feel what it is like to be depressed like that and not have a choice in the matter- when the chemicals in your brain are what's causing it, I doubt you'll be saying "Oh! Well Whoopity do, sir, then I'll just have to think pooooositive thoughts!" Because that JUST. DOESN'T. CUT IT. I also wish I could see what someone with the exact same problems as my brain wiring has would react with if they, all the sudden, had the same problems I do. It'd be interesting.

Well then I guess with all your brain problems and wanting to kill yourself that just equals that we're getting rid of the weak people in the world! And really, to the person above you. Kay, you're talking shit too by acting like you can kick anyones ass. I WOULD say this shit to your face, so **** off trying to act like a tough-ass.

brilliantbarbie 0

Well good morning to you, you miserable little FML comment nazi!!! What exactly did I make up? that you "put yourself through school, got knocked up at 17, lived with a man who wasnt the father who abused you, and now have 2 kids and are engaged, and are engaged to a third guy, who is not the father of EITHER of your children"?? Because Im sure I can just copy and paste that from one of your 7,000 previous posts on this thread. It only furthers my comment that your a trashy *****, who has nothing better to do than harass people on FML because your soapoperas of the day havent started. We all know you have no job, or you wouldnt be able to be on here 24/7, and we all know your on welfare...and people like me, who werent ****** and skanks at 17 are working and paying taxes so you can get on here and harass people. Realistically...FML!! Its funny how you say your fiance is sitting laughing along with you (apparently hes got no job either and your pitiful life revolves around the FML forum)...tell him that when he meets you at the end of the aisle, all the people laughing and snickering are the ones who have either a) ****** YOU, b) know someone who did, or C) is laughing at the joke "shes like a door knob, everybody gets a turn" because of the the validity of it. Really, do you suck dick that well that your "fiance" is willing to raise and support 2 kids that arent his and one trashy ***** whos been spreading her legs wide for since she was 16 and wasnt even smart enough to be safe about it for the rest of his life? FHL!!! How vicious would I be to a teen who got pregnant on here? Id easily hit "you deserved it" because its not like you cant get condoms or birth control, its called Planned Parenthood, and as a teenager, everythings free, we have tons of ways to prevent pregnancy, and if your old enough to be *******, your old enough to know the consequences of it and how to have safe sex...otherwise, they're just like you, a miserable bitch who is the community uterus and egg donor. No hypocracy here... just brutal honesty you dirty little *****...Wonder who your babies fathers are?? your pimp and maybe your sugar daddy big spender from your job at "blue moon"? You heard PWNT before because during the evenings, I have better things to do with myself than be on FML...Im 23 without kids and live above a bar in an apt I pay for, without my mans help... so while your eating government cheese, Ill drink to never having to be like you.

Awww.. there you go assuming things again. Maybe you should read more closely, maybe. You are still making a ton of things up about me. It's sad that I assume things about OP.. but here you are making up a whole story about me to make yourself feel better. You think a bunch of insults that don't apply to me are going to hurt me? I mean, you're pulling out all the stops here to get some story right. Sorry to say that none of your facts are right other than I got pregnant at 17. Let's see here, since you can't read let me break it down a little. Abusive boyfriend = father. Fiance = non father. I don't see where a third man comes from, but hey, you haven't exactly shown that you have a brain so I understand that you just add people. No job? Wrong again. I do have a pretty decent one, thank you. Oh, and again, you can't FATHOM the idea that I actually am not on government support. Aw darn. Did I ruin your good fun? And of course, OF COURSE, I must have slept with a billion people since I got pregnant at 17. I mean, god, only a ***** would do that. Of COURSE I don't know the babies daddy. Oh wait.. yes I do know who their father is. Shit. You poor thing. Please, now, take these facts and make up some more things about me. I love that. So, I'm sorry, but you have failed yet again. .. Pretty epic-style this time since you've created a whole story about me. It's very nice, mind you. Well thought out, straight facts .. ****, that's right, no, no it wasn't.

Another quick note: Why are you so upset that my life is actually good and I'm happy? Because someone like me shouldn't, couldn't be happy? :)