By Anonymous - 02/11/2013 01:20 - United Kingdom - Ringwood

Spicy
Today, I told the man my girlfriend has been cheating on me with all about her infidelity. He didn't get angry; he just said that he knew, that they were in an open relationship, and that I was pretty stupid to have not figured it out sooner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 496
You deserved it 6 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

XDsmileyDX_fml 24

Walk away with your pride, knowing they have none.

RedPillSucks 31

An open relationship is not something you should have to figure out. If she didn't tell you then she is cheating

Comments

Well you know so end it and find someone better...it's not rocket science...

This is the time when you take him aside and disclose all the nasty STD's you've picked up from her.

should have told him with a punch in the nose

Evil_Wench 16

I was under the impression that an open relationship involved being in a relationship with one person and having sex with others. If she was emotionally involved with OP as well, her bf should still be annoyed.

monnanon 13

nope some have more thqn one partner it just depends on the rules you have set.

Open relationships are different for everyone. It could be for sex but it might not be. I've heard of ones that do it because they are capable of loving more than one partner and so keeps multiple relationships at one time (with everyone consenting of course)

It sounds like the two of them deserve each other, they're both jerks. You deserve better OP kudos for warning the guy, even if HE didn't deserve it.

Dont worry bout loser people. It will work out!

how did you get a thought to talk to him about that....

Okay, can people all stop insulting those in open relationships? They're absolutely not all like the people in this FML. I agree that she did wrong by not informing the OP that they were not exclusive and that she already had a boyfriend. That means she was cheating on OP, because he wasn't aware that she was seeing somebody else. Some people just don't enjoy being in exclusive relationships for a number of reasons, and as long as they treat everybody they're involved with honestly and with respect, who cares? I have no idea whether being monogamous is something we're socialised into because we're taught it's the best through our parents, through the media, and basically every influence telling us that a relationship should contain only two people, or whether some people are innately monogamous and some are poly. I know that I'm monogamous and can only love one person and be in a relationship with one person at once, but I have no idea whether that's nature or nurture. I do know that a few of my friends are either in poly relationships (ie with two or more partners) or are or have been in open relationships, and to them that's the best or only relationship format they can be happy in. Why insult people who are happy?

coldstar 15

Agreed. The only thing inappropriate about this FML is that the OP's girlfriend seemingly didn't inform him that she wanted an open relationship. That's the only issue. I'm polygamous, and to me monogamous relationships just aren't appealing. I don't see why society feels you can love more than one parent, more than one child, more than one sibling, and more than one friend, but when you love more than one mate suddenly you're some sort of monster. Makes absolutely no sense, and is clearly just an unhealthy form of possessiveness and jealousy that demands that another person be considered a personal possession, as if they were an object that belongs exclusively to its owner.

you 2 are obviously in open relationships

#80 you can't agree that people shouldn't be insulted for whatever makes them happy and then insult monogamous people. If you want respect for being polyamourous you have to respect the flip side also even if you don't agree with it.

I stated in my comment that I'm not. I'm monogamous but that doesn't mean I can't show respect for people who aren't.

1968Guy 9

I would of then beat the living shit out of that son of a bitch

Too bad you weren't informed. Sorry op.